British - traditional, dignified, boring. Right? Wrong! The DB7 GT made its debut at the British International Motor Show recently to an appreciative audience at the NEC in Burmingham. According to Aston Martin CEO Dr. Ulrich Bez, the GT "has been developed in response to customer demand and is a sportier approach to the current car, but incorporates all the elements that have made the DB7 so successful for us and the backbone of the company".

Based on the DB7 Vantage, the GT takes the Vantage's performance one step further with the V12 engine tweaked to 500bhp (bringing the car from 0-60mph in a very respectable 5.7 seconds) and a 20% stiffer suspension and chassis to improve handling. Revised aerodynamics including a small rear lip spoiler and a revised undertray both help to reduce lift. Twin hood exhausts from the Vanquish, new 5-spoke alloy wheels and a free-flowing exhaust with a bypass valve to give the exhaust the same note as the Vanquish round out the very appealing package.

Further details on the car are sketchy, but the GT is priced at £104,000 (€165,081, US$160,715 and will be available in two versions - a six-speed manual Coupe (the DB7 GT) and a five-speed automatic (the DB7 GTA).

2003 Aston Martin DB7 GT

Specifications:

Cost: €165,081 (US$160,715)
Engine: front-mounted aluminium-alloy V12
Power: Not available
Torque: Not available
Drive: RWD
Transmission: 6-speed manual
Body: 2-door coupe
Size (LWH): Not available
Curb Weight: Not available

Performance:

Acceleration: 0-60mph in 5.7s
1/4 Mile: Not available
Top Speed: Not available

Sources:
supercars.net - http://www.supercars.net
sportscartesting.com - http://www.sportscartesting.com
astonmartins.org - http://www.astonmartins.org

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.