In my dream, I'm asking questions about tv's Jim Rockford. I did not see so many episodes, so I wonder, why did he go to prison? (turns out he was innocent and pardoned, which explains a few things) And I start thinking about his friend Angel, which then leads me to Joss Whedon's Angel, Buffy's bf, and then the word angel, and then a friend from years back. Her daughter liked angels.

Rockford takes on a grim case, out of step with the actual show, and Angel, for some reason, works with him. Some kind of chase sequence occurs, to the tune of Sheila Franklin's "I believe in love" number from Hair.

At the heart of the episode's darkness, we have a woman running a cult-like institution with teenage girls, some white, some Native American. One girl who obviously displeased her has been ill-treated, and is in some kind of collar and restraints near the gate, on the other side of the chain-link fence. It looks like a very utilitarian school with a tiny front yard where some other girls play basketball. People ignore what goes on inside. The woman in charge wears a gold jacket. Jim and Angel have to proceed with caution.

They follow two of the leader's girls to the Metropolitan Museum.

Outside the Metropolitan Museum, a sad woman sings. She's middle-aged, heavy, and a classic British type, craggy but dignified. She's been moved to tears. She breaks out in clear-toned, perfect singing, heart-breaking, from the point-of-view of the girl in the collar, something like:

I'm Cecily De Mille
Who no one ever knows
Do your images shine through in hell
Where no one else will go?

I wake up then.

"Cecily De Mille," obviously inspired by Cecil B. DeMille, is one of those impossible names that returns no Google hits. "Cecily DeMille," on the other hand, is a character in some Walt Disney World street theater performance on Disney-MGM Studios main drag.

Asleep again, I'm sneaking all ninja around a house getting some unidentified item from a room. A middle-aged woman masturbates loudly in the next room. Then I return to an office on a stairwell at work.

Instructions from someone named Basterman lead me to a shelf somehow connected to e2 where I find money, much of it in antique coin.

Basterman, according to the internet, is a kind of fish (also known as a Sand Soldier or Santer; Latin name Cheimerius Nufar means Sign of a Storm), and a family name.

Great feelings of foreboding.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.