I received my annual performance review today. It was my second since my employment as a sales rep began at this large grocery retailer, and was accompanied with a 4.00000019724207 percent pay raise which, according to some reports, is better than the rate of inflation for the same time period.


Adaptability & Dependability

Meets Expectations: Can be counted on to begin and end his shift on time. He is very dependable. He is flexible in his schedule and adjusts as the business dictates. He is very effective in delivering on daily production needs.

Drive for Results - Efficiency & Productivity

Meets Expectations: Manages details well and works safely and efficiently. He can be counted on to use his time productively and wisely. He is able to help restructure production to suit the needs of the business daily. He ensures conditions are optimal and demonstrates a sense of urgency by making sure the department is full and well presented.

Service Mentality - Customer Engagement

Exceeds Expectations: Interacts with customers and can be counted on to give them great customer service when approached. He has a great knowledge of food and is a real foodie. He imparts that knowledge to customers and ensures they leave well satisfied. His opportunity here is to seek more interaction with customers. Get out from behind the counter and spend more time on the floor delighting the customer.

Build Relationships - Teamwork

Meets Expectations: Has built solid relationships with his partners. He can be counted on to support them as needed. He is respectful of others values, perspectives, and individualities. He is very approachable. Your opportunity here is to build stronger and more personal relationships with customers.

Innovation

Meets Expectations: Can be counted on to offer suggestions on merchandising and how to better production processes. He has a great eye for being focused on what the need of the business is. His opportunity here is to create more opportunities to personally delight the customer.

Expertise & Technical Knowledge - SOPs / Guidelines and Passion for Food

Exceeds Expectations: This is his strongest competency. He is a very deep well of food information. He has great taste and can speak with authority to most food culture. He is great at pairings and can suggest something complimentary for most product. He demonstrates this skill with partners and customers alike, through meaningful conversations. He is definitely a passionate foodie.

Overall Review Rating & Summary

Meets Expectations: Is a solid partner. He is well likes by his partners and can be counted on to help move the business forward. He is a great wealth of knowledge. His opportunity is to continue to seek out customer interactions and delight the customer.

I slipped a bit from last year. Tired? Burnt out? Comfortable? I suppose more will be known next year.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.