(the blot)
The underworld.

- american underworld dictionary - 1950

Transforms from monster to robot and back!

TERRORCON: BLOT

FUNCTION: FOOT SOLDIER
"I'm not as bad as I look--I'm worse."

The most disgusting of all Transformers. Wherever he goes, he leaves a trail of foul-smelling lubricant which is oozing out of several different joints at any given moment. Dumb, brutish, but loyal. In creature mode, claws allow him to climb any wall. Breathes fire. In robot or creature modes, uses slime gun to shoot stream of corrosive liquid. Combines with fellow Terrorcons to form Abominus.

  • Strength: 9
  • Intelligence: 2
  • Speed: 2
  • Endurance: 10
  • Rank: 4
  • Courage: 10
  • Firepower: 6
  • Skill: 5
Transformers Tech Specs


Blot was presumably supposed to be some sort of monstrous robotic gorilla, although it was hard to be sure since the monster's head was buried in the middle of its chest. His robot mode was just plain dumpy and unthreatening no matter how you looked at him.

As I recall, Blot's entire vocabulary on the TV cartoon was limited to "Blot! Blot!" repeated whenever he was doing anything violent. For once, then, the tech spec, cartoon, and toy designers were unanimous: Blot was, in fact, the ugliest and stupidest Transformer ever built.

Blot (?), v. t. [imp. & p. p. Blotted (#); p. pr. & vb. n. Blotting.] [Cf. Dan. plette. See 3d Blot.]

1.

To spot, stain, or bespatter, as with ink.

The brief was writ and blotted all with gore. Gascoigne.

2.

To impair; to damage; to mar; to soil.

It blots thy beauty, as frosts do bite the meads. Shak.

3.

To stain with infamy; to disgrace.

Blot not thy innocence with guiltless blood. Rowe.

4.

To obliterate, as writing with ink; to cancel; to efface; -- generally with out; as, to blot out a word or a sentence. Often figuratively; as, to blot out offenses.

One act like this blots out a thousand crimes. Dryden.

5.

To obscure; to eclipse; to shadow.

He sung how earth blots the moon's gilded wane. Cowley.

6.

To dry, as writing, with blotting paper.

Syn. -- To obliterate; expunge; erase; efface; cancel; tarnish; disgrace; blur; sully; smear; smutch.

 

© Webster 1913.


Blot, v. i.

To take a blot; as, this paper blots easily.

 

© Webster 1913.


Blot, n. [Cf. Icel. blettr, Dan. plet.]

1.

A spot or stain, as of ink on paper; a blur.

"Inky blots and rotten parchment bonds."

Shak.

2.

An obliteration of something written or printed; an erasure.

Dryden.

3.

A spot on reputation; a stain; a disgrace; a reproach; a blemish.

This deadly blot in thy digressing son. Shak.

 

© Webster 1913.


Blot, n. [Cf. Dan. blot bare, naked, Sw. blott, d. bloot, G. bloss, and perh. E. bloat.]

1. Backgammon (a)

An exposure of a single man to be taken up.

(b)

A single man left on a point, exposed to be taken up.

He is too great a master of his art to make a blot which may be so easily hit. Dryden.

2.

A weak point; a failing; an exposed point or mark.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.