Cypress is a semiconductor design and manufacture company. It focuses on developing devices for portable usage, such as in cell phones and music players.

Cypress was founded in 1982 by the current CEO, TJ Rodgers. There are subsidiary locations around he world, however the company does most work in the US.

Cypress develops and uses several technologies. These include USB stack controllers, Programmable logic devices, and PSoC devices, and other devices meant for use in a growing mobile digital segment.

Designs using cypress parts are very prevalent, partially due to the fact that there are several elements in Cypress designs that allow the easy integration of mixed analog and digital circuits. Many new electronic devices rely on cypress designs to function, such as the Nintendo DS mini. Cell phones are increasing using cypress designs for low power, flexible and reconfigurable systems.

There is probably a Cypress-made device in most modern cell phones, especially she small, thin light cell phones with capacitive touch sensors on the buttons. You can tell that these are capacitive buttons because they do not press in the traditional sense of movement.

Cypress amy be found on the web at www.cypress.com

They say them trees produce pheromones that keep the 'skeeters away during the day.
We all know that's just ta lure y'all in to them swamps.
At night, they take ya....
At night, y'all are prey...

wc-36

Cy"press (s?"pr?s), n.; pl. Cypresses (-z). [OE. cipres, cipresse, OF. cipres, F. cyprs, L. cupressus, cyparissus (cf. the usual Lat. form cupressus), fr. Gr. , perh. of Semitic origin; cf. Heb. gpher, Gen. vi. 14.] Bot

A coniferous tree of the genus Cupressus. The species are mostly evergreen, and have wood remarkable for its durability.

⇒ Among the trees called cypress are the common Oriental cypress, Cupressus sempervirens, the evergreen American cypress, C. thyoides (now called Chamaecyparis sphaeroidea), and the deciduous American cypress, Taxodium distichum. As having anciently been used at funerals, and to adorn tombs, the Oriental species is an emblem of mourning and sadness.

Cypress vine Bot., a climbing plant with red or white flowers (Ipotea Quamoclit, formerly Quamoclit vulgaris).

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.