On December 12, 2001, actress Winona Ryder was detained leaving Saks Fifth Avenue in Beverly Hills. Security guards (allegedly, of course) saw her snip off security tags off some merchandise with a pair of scissors and stuff it into her bag. Beverly Hills cops arrested her for stealing that merchandise, with a sticker price of some $4,760. She was also found carrying a small number of pills of Oxycodone, a perscription painkiller which she apparently did not have a perscription for. She was released on $20,000 bail. On February 1, 2002, she was formally charged with four felony counts: theft, burglary, vandalism, and posession of a controlled substance.

An interesting new fad has popped up in recent weeks. Billy Tsangares, owner of the Los Angeles gift shop Y-Que Trading Post (pronounced “E-Kay”), created “Free Winona” T-shirts which are selling like his “Free James Brown” and “Free Pee Wee Herman” T-shirts did a decade ago. The fact that Winona is indeed free, and will be for the forseeable future did not deter many suckers, including myself, from purchasing one from his website, www.freewinona.com.

Sources: http://www.msnbc.com/news/698065.asp?cp1=1, http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20020123/re/life_winona_dc_1.html

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.