Hampden, in the center of Baltimore, Md. Featured in John Water's film "Pecker". A mainly working class nieghborhood, it's got a funky charm to it. The main drag is 36th street, aka "the Avenue", which has consignment stores and small resturants along it. The Ma and Pa railroad once ran along the edge of the burg.
And, the worlds first electrified streetcar line ran through the town in 1883.
There are two groups of inhabitants of this area. The natives, which can be easily made out due to not having all of thier teeth, and speaking Balmorese.Then there are the younger imports, who are college graduates, musicians, and other slacker dope fiends that happen to live here, cuz it's cheap.
In Hampden there is both a Republican party meeting hall , and the HQ for the Baltimore Nazi party.

The name of a sports stadium in Glasgow, Scotland.

Hampden Park is home to the Scottish national football (soccer) team as well as Queens Park FC (an amateur football team) and the Scottish Claymores (an American Football team). The stadium hosts Scottish cup finals annually as well as other big matches in the football calendar and in May 2002 will host the Champions League final, European football's most prestigious match of the season.

Built as an all-standing stadium in 1903 it has held some record attendances (in the days of less stringent crowd control).

1937 : attendance 149,415 Home International : Scotland v England
1937 :attendance 146,433 Scottish Cup Final : Celtic v Aberdeen 1970 : attendance 136,505 European Cup Semi-Final : Celtic v Leeds United

Arguably the most memorable European Cup Final, Real Madrid v Eintracht Frankfurt, was held at Hampden in May 1960 with Real winning 7-3. Over 130,000 supporters attended the game.

The stadium has been redeveloped twice. Once in the mid 70's, when the main addition was a roof to keep the Scottish weather at bay, and again in the 90's when it was made all-seated. It now holds just under 60,000 people although some have questioned the need for this as Glasgow has a further two stadia, each with greater capacity.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.