If your girlfriend hates all your friends or your friends hate your girlfriend you can pretty much count on it not working out. This is true for a number of reasons:

1. You choose your friends based on how well you will get along. So it is reasonable to assume that if your girlfriend and friends don't get along that you will eventually not get along very well with her.

2. When you have a crazy wrong doing woman your friends will realize it months before you do.

3. Alienation will occur either between you and your girlfriend or you and your friends. The reason this is bad should be reasonably obvious.

Note: I can only assume this also holds true for boyfriends.

Reply to Uberfetus:
You are too right, but I doubt that one node is room enough to discuss all the problems that can occur in a relationship.

This also applies to boyfriends.

Your friends know you as well as someone can. They have seen you grow, change, learn, they may even have known you your whole life. They have seen you happy, distraught, successful, helpless, disorientated. They have seen you react to new people, new places, new experiences. They have even seen you when you thought no one was looking, when you were lost in your own world, your own thoughts. They know you. Probably better than you think.

True friends don't have vendettas. They don't have ulterior motives. They're your friends, not relatives who perpetually misunderstand you. They care about you. It's as simple as that.

I'm not saying it's easy. I know it isn't. I don't have a magic solution that will stop you going to the wrong person, make your partner and friends get along and smooth out the rough parts.

They're your friends. Trust them.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.