J-1 Visa

The J-1 is an Exchange Visitor, Scholar or Student admitted to the USA to study, work or do research based on sponsorship by a school, a U.S. employer with an approved exchange program, or other organization approved by the U.S. Department of State for international exchange program. The J-1 may be eligible for 18 months of Practical Training.

Some J-1's are subject to a two year Home Residency requirement which MUST be fulfilled before being allowed to change status to H-1 or Permanent Resident; or a waiver of the requirement must be granted by the USIA and INS.

Types of Visas

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.