I'm alive! A quick health update.


well, I am still alive! After a bewildering number of tests it's confirmed my heart has some issues, my cholesterol and blood pressure are higher than anyone thinks is healthy, but for now at least everything is working. i've watched my heart beating with ultrasound, seen the blood pulsing in my veins.

Now I've been home for over three weeks I'm seling into a new routine nd lifestyle. drugs toreduce cholestrerol nd blood pressure, drug to prevent clotting, drugs tohelp me quit smoking.
reducing bacon conumption, eting more lean meas and fish, cutting down on cafeine consumption.
It's been tough because I'm supposed tobe resting, not running about having a sociallife. I'veconsumed book after book and exhausted my own small library.

Thank you,everyone who has sent me books! I still have a couple on my Amazon wish list,linked on my homenode, and reading has kept me from going completely crazy while i rest and heal.Don't feel obliged, i am not short of stuff for the next few weeks, but if I can't get out of the house soon i will be running out in February.

On the health front, current thinking is that atrial fibrillation led to blood clots that migrated to the brain and shut bits of it down in a couple of strokes. Docs think I got lucky this time. The next time I may not be, so they're working to reduce my blood pressure. I'm also takingaspirin to reduce the likelihood of further clots. I have an appointment with my cardiologist tomorrow and we're going to discuss the next stage in treatment.

Update update.

I'm scheduled for surgery on 9th February (Happy belated irthday, me!) to install a permanent cardiac monitor like this one whoich will inform better future treatments.

So that's my news. now for the thank-yous.Thank all of you who've sent me books from my Amazon wish list. It's linked on my homenode, and there are a some new additions suggested by a couple of people. Thanks for the well-wishing messages, emails and texts too. They've buoyed me up during my cabin fever times.

Finally, from the world of "Stupid Labels", comes "Chew by mouth', on the aspirin bottle.

Isued this day, Setting Orange, the 25th day of Chaos in the YOLD 3190

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.