From http://www.adequacy.org/?op=displaystory;sid=2001/9/12/63144/2852
An eyewitness acccount:
Dear Jerry,

Following is a message which my one of my best friends passed along with permission to distribute to those who might be interested. It fills in the details that I missed in my original conversation with him and attempted to relate to you.

Tom has given me permission to distribute the message - please feel free to post it if you deem it appropriate.

Sincerely,


Art Russell Major, US Army (Retired)

Message Follows:

Today was a tragedy for all of America and to my family, a very personal one. Lynn and my Niece Liz's husband, Jeremy Glick was on United flight 93 this morning. When the Hijackers took control of flight 93. Jeremy called my niece who in-turn conferenced him to 911. Jeremy relayed to the police what was happening as the hijacking unfolded. As our niece Liz listened, Jeremy told the police there were three Arab terrorists with knives and a large red box that they claimed contained a bomb. Jeremy tracked the second by second details and relayed them to the police by phone. After several minutes of describing the scene, Jeremy and several other passengers decided there was nothing to lose by rushing the hijackers. Although United Flight 93 crashed outside of Pittsburgh, with the loss of all souls. Jeremy and the other patriotic heroes saved the lives of many people on the ground that would have died if the Arab terrorists had been able to complete their heinous mission.

Please offer your prayers for all of those who perished or were injured in this tragic of all days and to our niece Liz Glick and her 2-month-old child, Emerson, who are left without their loving Husband and Father.

May we remember Jeremy and the other brave souls as heroes, soldiers and Americans' on United flight 93 whom so gallantry gave their lives to save many others.

Lynn, our four adult children and I are headed to New York to be with our family during this time of great sadness

All of my best,

Tom We find heroism in many places.


Thank you Jeremy and the others who saved so many lives.

There is a Cenotaph for Jeremy Glick located on a hilltop in Southern California just north of San Diego. It was created by a geocacher by the name of Mark71mark and more detailed information for finding this location as well as pictures can be found at this link...

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=14504

The Cenotaph is a pile of Rocks about three feet high with a circumfrence at the bottom of around 30 feet with a Brass Plate naming Jeremy and the passengers of United Airlines Flight 93.

It is a half-hour walk from the nearest parking up a dirt road. The dirt road goes over the undeveloped hill so you can park at either end.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.