Canadian baritone (1977-)

A young up-and-coming Canadian baritone who has impressed critics both in Canada and the United States with his impressive recital work and roles with the Glimmerglass Opera, McGill Opera Company, Canadian Opera Company, and recently, the New York City Opera, with whom he made his Carnegie Hall debut.

Although only 24, Kaiser has performed an especially diverse array of works, from traditional Schubert and Schumann lieder (staples of the recital circuit) to new works such as Richard Beaudoin's new song cycle of the poems of John Updike and other modern works. He recently performed in an experimental staged performance of Schubert's Die Winterreise with Kara Shay Thompson and the Jacques Thibaud String Trio. He has also worked with several prestigious pianists, including Canadian accompanist Michael McMahon.

Kaiser continues his music studies in both New York and Italy, which he balances with a busy schedule of recitals, competitions, and opera roles.

He is surely a baritone to watch.

Awards
The "Autrey Award" - The Julian Autrey Song Foundation

The "Joseph Rouleau Award" (for the best artist from Québec) - Jeunesses Musicales Montreal International Competition

Compiled from the public affairs division of Amherst College and Joseph's biography from the Jeunesses Musicales Montreal International Competition.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.