Kaleidoscope is a cool little company that was founded by Steve Cencula (scencula@kascope.com) about 11 years ago. The initial idea was a company that specialized in computer graphics and animation. The company was located in the Cleveland area and at the time of it's founding there wasn't a huge demand for graphic experts in that area of the country. So there was Kaleidoscope, stuck with a bunch of SGI (www.sgi.com) equipment and nothing to do. Steve ended up setuping his equipment in render farm formation and started renting out time on it to larger companies. This went very well. Because many companies used many different software packages Kaleidoscope became very adapt and dealing with technical issues related to these product. At that point in time a sales person from Wavefront talk Kaleidoscope into reselling their products because they were hearing so much about their ability to support them. Kaleidoscope thought that was a great idea and eventual Wavefront became Alias/Wavefront and were bought by SGI so Kaleidoscope started selling the whole gammit from software to workstations to high end servers. As the company grew to from ten to twenty to thirty people they kept adding services such as animation/fx, post production facilities, interactive development facilities and IT services. They now have locations in Cleveland, OH; Cincinnati, OH; Indianapolis IN; and Atlanta GA.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.