School went very well today. At some point we were discussing taking two quizzes today, but that was vetoed so we only took one. Yesterday I was going to drive to the store so I left most of my things in my car. I didn't bother pulling into the garage because I was planning on getting back into it only that never happened so it sat out on the driveway last night. I like warm temperatures and a lot of fresh breezy air so unless the weather is severe I'm driving around with my sunroof open and the heat going during winter. I'm sure you can see where this is going, the good news is I didn't flip out like I would have in the past. I scraped the snow that I could off of my seats and drove to school sitting on a wet seat. I would have been screwed had that been rain.

I got a hundred on my quiz, quizzes only count for 20% of our grade which is kind of a shame since that's the part I'm really good at. I got a hundred on my project, but an 86% on my composite filling. I didn't know a couple of things, but I wasn't too upset about it. I know it's something I need to work on and I'll get better as I go along. The woman who sits across from me asked me what I got on my quiz and test, it always surprises me that these people are so worried about what other people got. There's a rumor going around that someone took pictures of the quizzes with the answers. I'm going to let our instructor know. There's a lot of cheating that goes on in that class. It doesn't really get anyone anywhere and it's not a good way to go about life or school.

My ex took the girls overnight which really helped. I still have a lot of anxiety surrounding school, why I don't really know, probably because it represents a major life change and I don't know what the future holds as far as a new job and career path. Sitting in a lab with a set of teeth is one thing, working with actual patients and a real dentist will be a lot different. I'm going in for a couple hours on Tuesday to observe. I'm going to call my daughter's orthodontist and see if I can get into a cosmetic dentistry place to see how they do things. Overall people have been wonderfully supportive, I have a month to get things figured out. I really shouldn't be nervous, this is a huge step forward for me.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.