This is my concept of the nature of God, which I call Material Theism. It is merely a metaphysical doctrine which I've developed, a way I've discovered of interpreting science to philosophy. It rests on the basic premise that there is a God, and that this God is the matter that is all around us. Use at your own risk, void where prohibited, &c. &c. ...

The universe had its origin in an explosion from an infinitely dense form of matter: the Big Bang. The nature of this matter beyond the fact that it was an infinitely dense singularity is mostly unknown. Its origins are arcane and incomprehensible; unknowable. Indeed, the universe was either created by some intelligent being who supersedes space and time, or it must be sui generis. Material theism assumes the latter, that this singularity was somehow self-generating, and attempts to explain the nature of God in this universe thusly.

Since this matter, this singularity, was sui generis, it is therefore God. Look at definitions of God -- God is all around us, God is everything, God has always existed and God always will exist. These are all attributes of the first singularity. Let's examine why:

1. God is all around us, God is everything: This singularity became all the matter in the whole universe. It is therefore all around us.

2. God has always existed and always will exist: Time is a measurement based solely on the movement of matter. Since this singularity became all matter, the precise moment that it started expanding is when time started. And when, if, it contracts in a "Big Crunch", that is when time will end. So we can say that this matter always has and always will exist, as far as the word "exist" applies temporally.

Anyway, I'm not attempting to flesh out all or any of the implications of this theory; I will leave that to anyone who reads this. But I found it a convincing argument against the hard-line atheist creed I used to hold to.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.