Since it's the season of turkeys and iron-based nodes, here's a tasty Italian dish that helps you enjoy any leftovers from a large dinosaur-avian.

Stuffs:

Do-Its:

  1. Heat olive oil in a large pan, then add in garlic. Saute for two minutes.
  2. Add the mushrooms and cook until they're golden and all moisture has evaporated.
  3. Add gravy, wine, and thyme, heat until it starts to bubble. Keep warm.
  4. Mix the flour, salt, and pepper roughly by hand and put on a large plate.
  5. On a second plate, place the breadcrumbs and, if desired, add in some salt and pepper.
  6. In a saute pan, heat about a quarter cup of sesame or canola oil.
  7. Put the eggs and water in a bowl and whisk.
  8. Place slabs of turkey in the flour and coat all sides.
  9. Dip the turkey into the egg wash.
  10. Coat the turkey with the breadcrumbs.
  11. Place the turkey in the saute pan and cook until golden brown. Place on a paper towel to wick off excess oil.
  12. Serve on a bed of basmati rice and, if you indulge, the rest of the white wine.

Sometimes I add in sliced onions and a tin of diced tomatoes into the basmati rice while it's cooking. This keeps all of those turkey leftovers from becoming stale and ignored in your fridge. Enjoy!

Lots of Iron in there.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.