Has anyone else noticed the suprising similarity between Ed, Edd, 'n' Eddy and The Three Stooges? You haven't? Let's just compare the two groups, shall we?...

Moe- Leader of the Stooges. Likes to think he's smarter than he really is. Has a goofy haircut. Comes up with most of the Stooges' schemes, and makes his partners do most of the grunt work.
Eddy- Leader of the Eds. Likes to think he's cooler, smarter, and generally better than everyone else. Has a goofy haircut. Comes up with most of the Eds' schemes, and makes his partners do most of the grunt work.

Larry- Second-in-Command. Smarter than Curly, but not as tough as Moe. Bit of a milquetoast. Plays the violin. Seems to be the only one with even a bit of sense, but is usually shouted down or ignored by Moe.
Edd- Second-in-Command. Smarter than the other two Eds put together, but not nearly as tough. Definitley a milquetoast. Plays the pedal-steel guitar (with some reluctance). Seems to be the only one with even a bit of sense, but is usually shouted down or ignored by Eddy.

Curly- The muscle of the group. Not too bright. Follows Moe's orders with much enthusiasm, but little skill. Has an almost fanatical love of cheese ("Moe! Larry! The cheese! Moe! Larry! The cheese!").
Ed- The muscle of the group. About as sharp as a bowling ball and half as bright. Follows Eddy's orders with much enthusiasm, but little skill. Has an almost fanatical love of chickens ("I love chickens, you guys!").

See what I mean? And another thing: most Three Stooges adventures revolve around Moe's hair-brained get-rich-quick schemes, and most episodes of Ed, Edd, and Eddy revolve around Eddy's hair-brained get-rich-quick schemes. On close analysis (some may say over-analysis), it's apparent that Ed, Edd, and Eddy was inspired by (if not ripped off from) The Three Stooges. Heck, some fans of the show have suggested the Eds may be biologically related to the Stooges.
I think that about covers it.

Note: This radical idea about how pop culture is constantly being based on itself has already occured to other people. I just thought I'd share.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.