Moi dix Mois is a new visual kei band, the brainchild of Mana from Malice Mizer. Moi dix Mois currently consists of three members: Mana himself (who mostly does guitar and programming), Juka on vocals, and Kazuno, who also does guitar and programming. However, activities at recent (early 2003) live shows (so it's reported) suggests that their support drummer Tohru might be coming on full-time with M10M.

Stylistically, Moi dix Mois is a logical continuation of the end of Malice Mizer's "Bara" period. Their first album (Dix Inferno) hasn't been released yet, but they have a single out, Dialogue Symphonie, which is very reminiscent of songs like Beast of Blood and Gensou Rakuen. There are somber and dramatic orchestral parts of the songs, as well as parts with very heavy synthesized percussion and hard, fast guitars. (In fact, parts of Dialogue Symphonie feel very much like Beast of Blood on lots of illegal stimulants.) Juka's vocals are somewhere between Gackt's and Klaha's, so much that at different times he can be mistaken for either one. There are guitar solos that are quite different from any Malice Mizer. Mana is even said to be "cheerful" at some of the Moi dix Mois shows, which is pretty much a new look for him.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.