2766 NE MLK Blvd
PDX, OR 97212
503.288.1515

Or PCA is a "community media first amendment forum." and part of a network of public access cable stations in the Portland Metro Area. They take full advantage of Oregon's strong interpretation of the first amendment, as demonstrated by this excepert from their home page:

"We actively support our constitution: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assembly, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."

Aspiring directors, thespians, grips, or best boys may what to stop by and check them out. If you want to join the lucrative field of creating video and showing them to people for free you will want to take the free orientation (the first Thursday of every month at 7 pm) so that you can take other classes.

Some of the classes they offer are:
Basic Editing
Camera Operation
Direction and Studio

These are all basic classes and are prerequisites for more advanced instruction:
MPV
Digital Camera
Non-linear editing

Lighting and other are done on demand, as they are fairly involved but not in high demand.

If you would like to watch some good old-fashioned community television try stations 22,23 and 11. These are subject to change as the ever face of non-broadcast TV continues to morph. These are specific to the Portland area. Check your local listings people!

"The mission of PCA is to promote broad participation in civic and cultural life by encouraging effective use and understanding of community media."

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.