This is not really a guide and is not intended as such. But you could use it if you wanted to. If you don't like the subject matter, you don't have to read it. I wrote this because it goes on and there's a lot of outdated information out there on this topic so I want to let you know what I've found out. I will go over the options I know about as of May 2005.


CASUAL SEX


This is more difficult to hook up in Korea than in Japan, Europe or the U.S. Most Korean women are into getting married as soon as possible. Usually, they only have one or two serious boyfriends before getting married and cranking out the required son and maybe one more child within the first three years of marriage. Women get especially agitated about marriage when they hit 28 and this only increases year by year into their 30s. Finally, they settle for any slob who will have them - sad but true.


Having said that about casual sex in Korea, in general, if one-night stands are your cup of tea, you do have options.

TIP: KOREAN WOMEN WHO SMOKE - Women are not supposed to smoke in Korea. If you see a young woman smoking in public in Korea, say at a bar, a cafe, on the street - it means she doesn't care about social pressure. She's probably into rebelling against society and that means she is probably into casual sex and dating foreigners.


1. The Lotte Hotel in Downtown Seoul:

If you can't go to Japan, bring Japan to you! This also requires that you spend some money, so it's not really a free deal and may cost you just as much or more than a prostitute. However, if she has a room there, or if you do, then it can be no more than a few drinks which you would have enjoyed anyway. A lot of single (and married) Japanese women come here for the weekend for shopping. It's much cheaper to shop in Korea than in Japan so the trip is worthwhile for them. If you hang out in a hotel bar (please dress properly - I'll leave that to your discretion) in the evening, you have a very good chance of meeting a Japanese woman who wants a bit of diversion. If you can speak a little Japanese, it might help, but it's definitely not required. You can also find just the right type of Korean woman here, too. However, she may be a prostitute, so you'd better find a tactful way to clear that up at the beginning if you can't tell. Buy some drinks and take it from there big boy.


You can also try any other big hotel such as the Hyatt, the Ritz, the Westin and so on. However, I think Lotte's the best because of the Japanese/shopping nexus.


2. 'Western' Bars along Jong-no between Insadong and Kyobo books, or bars in Myong-dong:

Again you will have your best luck with Japanese girls and women here. You will recognize them sitting together in groups, laughing and quite possibly flirting with you. They may be looking for a tour guide (that would be you) and they quite probably speak enough English. If they don't have any other option (i.e., if you're alone, or if they don't meet any other guys) you could pull the trifecta. It has happened. Japanese tend to be into the group thing and they would hate to leave their girlfriend out, so make sure you play it right. Keep it balanced, fun and light. Use champagne, and if you can't get decent stuff, take them to a nice hotel and hotel bar. Use a first class Mobum taxi if you can. The minor extra expense goes a long way.


3. There's a jazz bar near Taehang-no:

Here's where you can meet Korean women who are ready to play ball and who are not hookers. These are often women who have lived abroad or had foreign boyfriends for too long and they just can't go back to that subservient, virginal Korean woman role that society expects of them here. They are used to the idea of casual sex and are open to the idea if not outright looking for a foreign boyfriend/lover. This place is not packed with suitable candidates for you. I am not trying to give you the wrong idea. What I am telling you is that in a crowd of 100 there would be at least 2 or 3 suitable candidates. Your job is to find her. You should check the crowd. She should also be looking for you, so your job is easier. There won't be that many foreigners there, so you'll stand out (hopefully not like a sore thumb -- don't be too fat, bald and short - even though I see guys like that here all the time with decent looking Korean girlfriends, like they would never get 'back home').


So - you've scoped each other out. She knows how to flirt. She's had foreign experience. You make eye contact, you smile, you get up and go to the rest room, she gets up, you pass each other, you smile, you say 'hi', you know what to do.


4. Nighclubs:

This requires special circumstances. Nightclubs in Korea are special because they have a system called 'booking.' You have two options. One is rather expensive. You go to an expensive hotel nightclub frequented by Koreans more than by foreigners. Try the Ritz in Kangnam, for example. You have to pay a waiter to take care of it for you. It also helps if you can speak Korean, and if you can speak Korean, you probably don't need to read this. He should keep bringing available women to your table for you to buy a drink and talk to. This is not a hostess bar which I will talk about below. The best option is to have some Korean businessmen friends who will take you to a nightclub for booking. They will basically handle everything for you. In this case, there are a lot of bored and neglected housewives who want a one-night stand. They're married and have no intention of getting divorced. They just want to fuck. No strings attached. They're husbands are away on business and likely out whoring themselves. You get the picture.


5. Dancing and Nightclubs in Itaewon:

I've saved the best for last, since you've stuck with me this far. Your patience has paid off! If you find a disco or nightclub where there's dancing, the chicks there will definitely be foreigner friendly and looking for a good time. They might be married or single, young or middle-aged. There's something for everyone in Itaewon. It's definitely not high class, but you can go up the hill to the Hyatt if you meet the right woman. She'll be happy to go with you. It is so easy to hook up with a woman here. If you can get her to dance with you, she'll most likely leave with you if you have a good time there. Take her someplace nice. I haven't listed any specific clubs because they change, and you should go there and take a look yourself. Just ask around. It's easy to find people who speak English there. I'm not talking about Hooker Hill.



That should get you started on pure one night stands. If you find out more, please post and let us know! Now, let's take a look at your...



COMMERCIAL OPTIONS: Prostitutes, Massage Parlors, Hostess Bars, Window Shopping, Barber Shops, Itaewon, etc.


Prostitution is just a fact of life in Asia. It's a part of society, whether you like it or not just like drinking in China, Korea, and Japan. It's done and it's not talked about. The women don't want to know. That's just how it is. I guess about 80% of Korean men, at least, have been to a prostitute. I think about 70% of married salary men go to prostitutes at least once a year. I think they'd go more often if they could afford it. Those are just the facts based on my own surveys of these guys over the years.


There are so many options for foreigners starting from 60,000 Won ($60 at today's exchange rate). You need to be adventurous. The more off the beaten path, the better your options. But the further off the track, the more Korean you know, the better. TIP: Stay away from hostess bars if what you want is sex. Don't waste your money in hostess bars unless you want to drop hundreds talking so some (maybe) hot woman who is drinking whisky-colored water and is not included in the price. You have to pay extra for that and it may be quite expensive and not worth it.


1. The "Barber Shop":

Especially if you're on a budget, like if you're an English teacher in a province somewhere and you don't have a g.f. yet, I mean if you're in a bit of a slump, this might just do the trick. Look for the double barber pole and go down to the basement. There will be a barber chair there. Ask how much. In the provinces or cities outside of Seoul, it's like $60. She or they (women aged 30-40) will show you to a curtained area where you can undress, and give you a light robe; then they put you in a barber chair that fully reclines. You get a massage (of varying degrees of quality depending on where you go), then you get a condom put on you surreptitiously, usually by mouth. Then you get fucked. They clean you up, and out you go. It's great. It's like having a toothache and going to the dentist and getting it pulled. Or, more to the point, it's like needing a haircut and getting it done. It does the job when your tired of wanking in front of the computer and you're hard up. Hey, it happens. At least there's some human contact involved, eh? These places are all over Korea and they are foreigner-friendly.


2. Massage Parlors otherwise known as "An-Ma":

These are probably your best overall value, but you have to find a place that is right for you. Tip: Go early -- before the drunken rush. You don't want to see a lot of Korean customers there. And you want your girl to be fresh. About 40% of these places don't want their Korean male clientele to see foreign men in there. The Koreans believe only foreign men have venereal diseases and that we will surely taint their prostitutes. Not only that, there may be other issues, but I will let you speculate on that yourselves. If there is a woman working the counter, she will be happy to welcome you and take your money. To her it's all the same. She's the counter woman and usually not the one who will be sent into your room. Price $150-180. You may be able to find some around $200 but the women should be really hot. The expensive ones will be in Kangnam or some place like that. Foreigners have been sent out of a couple of places because in one case, a man was working the counter and in other cases a foreign man has already been let in but some customers saw him and complained to the madame so she had to ask him to leave.


This is what happens. You walk in, take off your shoes and put on their slippers, ask the price at the counter. She tells you or you can have her write it down. You pay. They show you into a room. You wait there for 5 or 10 and they send a girl in. Usually she's from 20-28 years old. She may be so-so or hot. If you don't like her, you can say "change" and they'll send you a new girl. She'll be wearing something sexy. If the service is good, she'll undress you, draw a bath for you, fix a toothbrush for you, ask you if you want a shave, give you a body shampoo, put you in the tub, bathe you in the tub with you, wash your hair and give you a scalp massage, dry you off, lay you down on a massage bed, and give you a sexual massage. She will put some massage oil on you, start with your toes and work up you back, she'll lick you all over, massage you with her tits and her pussy. She'll flip you over and do it again. You'll be ready for the next step. She'll put a condom on with her mouth and you won't even notice it. She'll fuck you and you can take as long as you like but if you take too long, the front desk will start calling the room after an hour and keep calling every five minutes until you nut or give up. She'll definitely help you.


The service will vary depending on the establishment and the girl. Some girls think you just want to fuck so they will give short shrift to the massage and bathing. They may even smoke on your time. If they do, then no tip. You don't have to tip and they don't expect a tip anyway. It's all included. But if she is sweet and professional and gives a great massage, you can tip $20 if you like. Remember that girl's name. It's usually something like Strawberry (Talgi) or Butterfly (Nabi) in Korean. But if variety is the spice of life, you will see that quality and service varies. That's okay, too. It's part of the experience. TIP: If you see a map at a tourist info desk called ESCORT SEOUL then pick it up! It looks innocent enough, but inside there are several hotels denoted in red. Those hotels are the ones you want for this service. But there are An-Ma places all over Korea.


3. Itaewon - Hooker Hill:

This place is nasty and the hookers here are generally the low of the low. You should only go there if you want to see it, because it is interesting, but be wary of buying drinks for anyone there. Don't let anyone drag you into a 'night club' and watch out for rowdy, drunken soldiers. No fun unless you're one of them. That said, I did hear a story about a guy who went there early once about 5 years ago and went into a little bar with a HOT looking chick. She was HOT!!! The guy had one drink with her. There was no one in there but them. She let him finger her shaved pussy. He wanted to buy, but she said she to had to work but she would go out with him after work. She said if he came back at 3AM she would go out with him. Guy never went back. It could have been a freebie, too. Some of the hot ones are looking for a way out and a western boyfriend (or better) is just the ticket, especially if you have a good job.


4. Window Shopping in the pink light districts:

You can see these in various areas of Korean cities. Ask around. The taxi drivers know how to find them. A lot of those places are hit and miss. The girls are in their early 20s and can range from so-so to hot. The price is about the same as An-Ma. The advantage is that you can shop and pick out who you want. You don't wait in a room for whoever they send you. A disadvantage is that a lot of these girls are scared of foreigners and will close the curtains or hide. That's fucking embarrassing. Rejected by whores. You have to be stoic if you go this route. I've also heard that at least one place in Seoul has a big sign posted over the street that leads into the red light district which says: "Foreigners are NOT welcome here." How about that. It's not a joke.


A Korean friend took some guys and another foreigner to one of these places one time. The girls at this place he took them, behind a big Hyundai department store in the north of Seoul, were all dressed as brides. The guys went into a room and drank together with several girls. They picked out the ones they wanted, then the girls took them each to a private room. It was okay but didn't include the bathing and massage that An-Ma provides. I think the selling point here is the drinking and conversation together. There was another place like this at Haeundae beach in Busan, but the girls there were also afraid of foreigners, maybe because there are so many Russian sailors there. I don't know. Anyway, it's worth a look, just for fun.


5. Room Salons:

This is another zone where you need Korean businessmen to take you and on their company card because you can't afford it. They can't either, but they can still find a way to charge it to the company. It's what "salary men" here live for. They work so hard and only get 3 or 4 days of vacation a year, so this is their main perk. The company finds a way to throw the big shots this bone. Anyway, what you get is a private karaoke room with your mates. You go in there, say a typical group of guys is 4 to 8. Then they send in 10 or 15 girls and each guy chooses one who will pretend to be his girlfriend by the hour. There's no sex, just some dancing and singing together and light petting (e.g., she'll rest her hand on her guy's thigh and let him slow dance with her). He can put his arm around her waist or on her thigh. Anything more than that is reaching and is not included in the basic price. There's also a lot of alcohol that comes as part of the package. There's beer, a fruit platter and some cheap Korean whiskey. The girls keep pouring drinks. They drink too, but they drink milk before drinking liquor and then go puke in the bathroom when the guys leave. The price can vary depending on the quality of the place -- that means its location, the kind of booze they serve, and of course, how good looking and smart the girls are. The most expensive places get rich and well- educated college girls from Ehwa or some place like that. Their parents don't know about it of course, but the girls like the money for buying expensive designer labels. The lower class places just have pretty poor girls who want 'easy' money. It goes down from there to places with over-the-hill middle aged women for truck drivers and blue collar workers who think they can afford it. The businessmen don't go to those kinds of places so you won't either.


If you can go to one of these places with business associates, you can guess that it costs about $1,000 per person with sex for a few hours with hot girls. The business guys will take care of it for you, so you won't know anything about the price. They just have the girl go with you to a prepaid hotel room with you and stay with you until you go home the next day. She is basically your girlfriend for the night. Then, if they're with a big company and have their shit together, they'll even have a private car, an Equus or something, to take you back to your place. If it happens to you, you must be tight with these guys. They feel you are close and they're expecting big things from you, too, in business or whatever. Keep that in mind. Or else, they really appreciate something you did for them (i.e., It's a big deal).


6. The Coffee Girls:

It depends on where you are for this one. I don't know too much about this, but for the sake of comprehensiveness, I'll tell you what I do know. There are two versions of coffee girls. One is the Mounted Coffee Girl. In this case, you need Korean language skills or support. This is a delivery service mainly available in provincial cities, especially places like Gwangju or Mokpo. These towns are known as gangster towns in Korea so this type of business, along with affordable hostess bars, is very common. You can call a tabang (an old Korean style cafe) and they will send a girl out on the back of a scooter to deliver coffee to you. You invite her in and she'll drink the coffee with her. You can arrange the terms with her for futher things but I don't know anything about the prices. Basically, they prostitutes on call. The second type is the straight tabang. It's a place where mostly old guys go in to talk to middle-aged women. It must have been the working man's hostess bar of the 60s and 70s. Only oldsters go there now. You won't go there unless it's just for fun and your quite drunk. You also need Korean language skills or support.



A personal account of the Korean massage parlour experience... 

Yesterday was my first sexual experience with a prostitute. I am a 26 year old expat working temporarily in Seoul, Korea. I have a girlfriend and consider myself to be a good looking guy, so I don't think I would fall under the traditional category of men who need to pay to have sex. However, partly due to the fact that me and my girlfriend are on a long-distance relationship, my growing frustration of not being able to satisfy my libido and due to plain curiosity, I decided to join my Korean co-workers in a night out in a massage parlor in Seoul. Here is what happened after we drank two bottles of Moet at JJ's (a fancy club in Seoul, near the Hyatt hotel)

We were welcomed by a group of middle aged ladies. They made us take off our shoes and we were escorted in on slippers into another floor of the building. There we got a seperate room for the three of us to hang out. It was a simple but large and nice hotel room, ideal for three close friends to just chill for the evening. The room had all facilities of a luxury hotel suite. A bed, a washbasin, cabinets, lots of towels and free toothbrushes, a large massage bathtub, toilet, coffee table, many free packs of cigarettes and a fridge with drinks. Two guys and another (unattractive) girl came in the room, told us to undress and wear out bathrobes and started to massage the three of us in the room. The massages were good and non-sexual in nature. After the massage, me and my colleagues all dozed off into deep coma.

About an hour later, the hostess of the massage parlor went into our room after knocking on our door. It appeared she had her first "girl" ready and was looking for the first person to wake up to make use of her services. That person turned out to be me. A bit nervous, I followed the hostess, who was very polite and tried her best to speak english and make me feel comfortable. As I got nearer to my "special room", another worry came to my mind. What if I wasn't attracted to this girl? Not only would that make this experience much less enjoyable, combined with the pressure of dealing with your first prostitute, it could lead to me simply not being able to perform at all! Luckily this wasn't the case. When we arrived at our room, the door opened up and I saw this striking beautiful sweet looking girl. She was a bit skinny (but I am actually attracted to that), had a very youthful slim body with perky breasts, perfectly shaped face with big eyes and an angelina jolie mouth. I would have definitely hit on this girl if I met her in a bar. Our eyes met and she gave me this welcome and friendly smile. As I entered the room, the door behind me closed and the hostess left us to our fate.

The girl's name was Linda, and although she didn't speak much English, she seemed to understand it much better than most Korean people I have met so far. I didn't speak much Korean so we entered in this humorous conversation in trying to figure out our names, age, birthyear and horoscope by using our limited knowledge of each other's language, hand gestures and even making animal sounds (to communicate our zodiacs). I think the girl noticed I had never done this before and it looked like she was trying to break the ice, which clearly worked for me because I was developing an immediate crush for this upbeat and extrovert girl, something I find quite rare in Korean women.

While having our conversation, Linda opened a pack of Marlboro, lit a cigarette and put it in my mouth. She lit up another one and smoked it herself. Then she undressed me and herself, and I got to see her very attractive body that could have easily been one that belonged to someone who was nineteen (although she really was twenty four). I noticed her Sakura flower tattoo on her back and complimented her for it. She was noticebly pleased by it and told me it really hurt when she had it done. She then signalled me to brush my teeth, which I did. Afterwards, she gestured me to join her in the bathroom, where she thoroughly soaked my complete body with soap and showered me. For me, seeing this hot lady taking uttermost care in washing me like that was a major turn on. After being washed, she made me go into the bathtub, which was filled by now with hot water and blowing massage bubbles and joined me in the bathtub afterwards. 15 minutes later we got out, she took a large towel and started drying me up. When she dried me between my legs, she didn't shy away from giving my manhood a few strokes while giving me a smile. Under normal circumstances, my johnson would have been hard and at full alert by now, but because I drank a half a bottle of champagne not much earlier that day, I noticed that I had more control now over my own body as I was more in a relaxed state.

Then the show really started. Naked, she told me to lie flat on my belly on the bed. She then climbed on top of me and started licking me all over my body. And licking she did. The feeling of her warm lips and tongue slowly working her way all over my body, including all my intimate areas, gave me thrilling sensation I had never experienced before. It was absolutely amazing, and it felt like I was having a one night stand with a hot attractive lady rather than being with a prostitute. As my shoulders were being kissed and licked, my hand travelled over her soft ass. She moaned, and although I knew at the time it was an obligatory moan, it did help in getting me even more excited than I already was.

She then told me to turn around and lie flat on my back, and did the whole licking thing again for that side of my body. I was wriggling of joy. Afterwards, she revealed a condom and like a true professional, applied it orally over my johnson. A very pleasing oral job followed. My manhood was now at its strongest and it was time for the real work. She climbed on top of me and started riding me skillfully. It felt unreal, like watching myself in a soft-erotic late night show on TV. When I asked her whether I could kiss her, she french kissed me deeply and passionately. Then she made me situp, climbed herself on top of my lap, wrapped her legs around me back and started riding me again. I now had full view of what we were doing. Position number three was the missionary one, and I noticed myself breathing faster and pushing my pelvis more fast and rigorous against hers. She was now moaning loadly and I felt like I wouldn't be able to last much longer. I wanted to end it with her on top of me again, so we got back to our first position and she started thrusting herself against my body until I could not hold it back anymore.

I was in seventh heaven. She lit up another cigarette and handed it over to me, and I smoked it while staring at the ceiling of our room. Afterwards, we did the whole shower thing and cleaning up thing again. It was almost time for me to leave and we got dressed. She told me she had a good time and I noticed myself feeling flattered, even though I should have known better. I wanted to express my gratitude for the wonderful night but felt handicapped by our langauge skills, so I took her right hand and kissed it on the back of it, old fashioned style. She seemed very surprised and her eyes lit up, then she gave me a warm hug before we parted. 

What a way to spend a friday evening. 

The original guide is getting old and is of only medium value. The first part of the guide is dealing with Japanese women in Korea, which is kind of ridiculous, for a person in Korea or wanting to meet Korean women. If you want to meet Japanese women, come to Japan.

Another example- The Live Jazz bar in Daehangno that he mentioned is worthless for single foreign men. The Jazz is not that good, just Koreans copying somebody else's culture with limited understanding. And everybody knows Itaewon, but it may not be where you want to go to find a Korean woman because they are often jaded and scamming on foreigners. However, his tip about Korean women that smoke is spot on. Usually rebel Korean women smoke, however, be careful that she doesn't smoke too much and is a chain smoker.

I've lived in both Japan and Korea for years, so can help clarify some things. This is a very honest observation about the situation. What is also missing from the original guide is clearly telling tourists and visitors what they are up against in Korea.

1. Many Koreans are racist, nationalistic, and xenophobic. In addition many are often rude/impolite, attempt to cheat foreigners (watch and count your money), or their kindness and politeness is directly in proportion to how much money you will give them or if you have something that they want.

2. Many Korean women are snobbish, stuck-up, narcissistic, conceited, and boastful. In Korea, it is like an epidemic among many women to act poorly in that way.

Many of the women, if they think they are attractive in anyway, have very bad attitudes. They will not know humility or humbleness. They will brag about any minor accomplishment and if they think they have a nice body, may try to show it off. But this showing off of their body is not sexy or sexual in the usual way, but a way to boost their over inflated ego and for attention. Many foreigners will have to deal with Korean women that are in fantasy land and act very fake, as if they are million dollar queens (like a fake confused Asian wannabe Paris Hilton), when they are ordinary Jane. The attitude of Korean women can be very annoying and ugly.

3. Many Korean women are very sneaky about sex, very sexually immature in a bad way, and/or very fearful about what others think and being seen with foreign men.

Sneaky- Korean women will try to pretend and lie to everybody that they are a virgin/near virgin. If she is sexually active, she will often try to hide it. It will often be very difficult for men to have open and honest conversations about sex with Korean women, without her lying, her being clueless, or her hiding things from you.

Fearful- Many Korean men are often insecure or jealous, when they see foreign men with Korean women. Many have complexes about the size of their manhood or being compared with foreign men. They often will try to intimidate Korean women into not dating foreigners, insult them because they dated foreigners, or try to exclude them from their group. However, Korean men will often lust and chase after foreign women, while oppressing their women. Other Korean women can intimidate or create fear and intimidation can come from older (often backwards minded) Koreans. Many Korean women are foolishly afraid of being given the "slut" label, even if they are only talking to a foreign person.

Korean women can also exhibit very lesbian-like behavior. Very strong homosocial and homosexual tendencies, which makes it even more difficult for men to approach or talk to them. We are talking very aggressive lesbian moves like kissing other women, touching of other women's bodies in public, sleeping with women, dancing with women, pulling girlfriend away if a man is talking to her, etc...

Sexually immature/clueless- Many Korean women are in a kind of Korean jail/bubble where they have no exposure to the outside world and different kinds of people. Many Korean women have no idea what good sex is. There is also strong censorship of sexuality in Korea, and sexuality is treated in a backwards, dirty, or something to be hidden way. Very unhealthy thinking. Their present man might be exerting maximum control over them, though he is small or lacking in any sexual skill. She may develop massive guilt complexes over sex from imported Christianity taken out of context or have excessive fear that being good at sex or liking sex makes her a bad woman. Korean women who are frigid, sexually confused, or who stop having sex after a few years into the relationship or after having a baby are common.

Places to meet regular Korean women that are not prostitutes

As mentioned, this is very hard, especially outside of Seoul. You can try clubs, bars, while on the train, coffee shops, the street, the Internet, etc... It is recommended you try various places and various ways.

It will often take a week or more for foreign men to figure out places to go or what works for them, unless they have a friend in Korea that can show them around. You can try meeting Korean women over the Internet, but watch out for scams and time wasting. IF the Korean woman is for real, then she will MEET you.

The main problem for foreign men when approaching Korean women, is that they are often with girlfriends from groups to 2 to 4. Korean women groups can be strong "man-blockers". The girlfriend(s) will often be: jealous of the attention you are giving her friend, anti-sexual, try to directly control their friend, racist or disapprove of foreigners, or have lesbian/bi-sexual issues.

The odd Korean female groups (you have to see this Korean craziness to understand/believe it) can make 1 to 1 conversation with a Korean woman very difficult as her Korean girlfriends will often interfere, intimidate her, or pull her away. On top of that old people and Korean men, even without knowing your relationship with her, can make comments, give bad looks, or interfere as well.

Clubs or discos are among the WORSE or hardest ways to meet Korean women. Bringing a Korean woman to a club/disco for a date is fine (actually a restaurant, bar, or movie may be a better choice since it is more 1 to 1), but meeting/picking them up in a club/disco can be very difficult. The women are often excessively defensive, in female groups, and it is hard to talk with very loud music. With bars, it depends if it is the type you can walk up and talk to people. Some racist/xenophobic Korean bar owners (like Seoul Pub in Itaewon) will ban/bar foreign men from talking to Korean women in their bar. Better to find and go to bars that are truly more international and romance friendly.

The best thing you can do, if she is in a group with a girlfriend, is try to get her phone number or e-mail, then schedule a private date with just you and her. Better yet, try to avoid female groups (as even many Korean men do) and meet Korean women in 1 to 1 conditions. Take her to a nice restaurant, jazz show, etc... Just make sure it is someplace you can have a relatively private 1 to 1 conversation.


Prostitution

This is when you are defeated, have little pride, or of last resort. It simply doesn't compare to real sexual relationships. You are basically wasting your money on some heartless Korean woman that services dozens of men a day. The quality of the women will be low, often old or ugly, and after you orgasm they will want you to leave or pay more money.

Many Korean women that are prostitutes are so willingly and clearly for money. It is a huge and profitable industry in Korea. A lot of the "controversy" is fake, political xenophobia directed at foreigners, or anti-male feminist politics.

Places like "hooker hill" in Itaewon are nasty, rude, and of low quality. However, if you like lady-boys and transsexuals, they have some places for you there. Many places that cater to foreigners are very expensive and over-priced compared to what Korean men pay, especially in the city. Korean men and smart foreigners can get it for $50 dollars (around 60,000 WON depending on exchange rate), while many places or independents try to take advantage of tourists for $200 dollars. $200 dollars is NOT worth it, better to save that money for a plane ticket to another country, like Thailand or the Philippines. Anything starting over 90,000 WON or $100 dollars (100,000 + WON), you should NOT do it because you can get CHEAPER somewhere else. And remember that even if she tells you 1 hour, if you orgasm in 15 minutes, she will try to make you pay extra or its over.

Another method (if you insist on paying) is to contact escort services over the Internet and arrange a "date", so that she comes to you or you meet someplace safe and convenient. However, many of the escorts have INSANE expensive prices listed on the Internet, so negotiate a cheaper price by phone. Any escort over $100 dollars (110,000 or so WON) in Korea IS scamming and over-charging you, and better for you to check out the train stations: Yongsan(across the street), Gireum (exit 10 or 5/cross street), Cheong-nyangni, other Red Light Districts, or "barber shops"(look for the red, white, and blue spinning colors) all over the place. Note- check out sex guide listings on the Internet for other places and descriptions before coming to Korea or have a friend in Korea take you.

Korean escorts from the Internet like to scam/over-charge foreign tourists, who don't know the real kind of prices in Korea (70,000 WON/ $60 dollars in Seoul and can be cheaper outside the city) and who book them from outside the country.


Watch out for gold-diggers, visa chasers, and game playing Korean women too.

These are at first seemingly nice Korean women with a sneaky agenda. They are con women and like amateur actresses trying to run scams and con games on foreigners. There are a class of Korean women that specialize in abusing foreign men and many can be found in Itaewon or the Internet personals/dating sites. She will have you buy her dinner, drinks, clothes, or is trying to get a visa for your country to escape Korea. It is a kind of prostitution, except she is not open or honest about what she is doing. She will often be trying to con multiple men at the same time, so while running a game on you, she can be lying and running con games on other guys at the same time too.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.