"SpongeBob SquarePants Original Theme Highlights" is a CD released in 2001 by Jive Records and Nickelodeon's Nick Records. The title above is as it is printed on the album (It's preceded by the Nickelodeon logo in the form of a jellyfish, but that's probably not part of the title), but it really ought to have the word "and" between the words "theme" and "highlights". The packaging is attractive and colorful all over, as one would expect from the subject matter, with big pictures of SpongeBob's face and torso on the front of the booklet and behind the CD, and of the back of his head and torso on the back of the booklet and case (overlaid with the theme song lyrics and the track listing, respectively. In the booklet is another track listing and credits, with a picture of SpongeBob and Plankton holding up the letters "FUN". The CD comes with a sticker of SpongeBob, loose inside the case.

The track listing, as printed in the booklet:

  1. SpongeBob SquarePants Theme - Painty The Pirate and Kids
  2. Loop de Loop - Ween
  3. Texas Song - Sandy Cheeks (with Junior Brown)
  4. Pre-Hibernation - Pantera
  5. Ripped Pants - SpongeBob and The Losers
  6. F.U.N. Song - SpongeBob and Plankton
  7. SpongeBob ScaredyPants - The Ghastly Ones

The SpongeBob SquarePants Theme features Pat Pinney as Painty The Pirate and Devin Johnson, Sara Paxton, and Camryn Walling as the Kids. It was written by Stephen Hillenburg, Derek Drymon, Mark Harrison and Blaise Smith. The music performers are uncredited. Blame the weird punctuation on whoever wrote these down for Nickelodeon...
Length: 0:45

The lyrics have already been taken care of at SpongeBob SquarePants Theme Song by nutate. The lyrics to all the other songs on the album are accessible by the links in the track listing.

It's interesting to note that though the CD isn't very long at all, it's still missing some songs from the show, such as the "Do The Sponge!" song from the episode where SpongeBob takes Mr. Krabs' daughter (who somehow is not a crab but a whale) to the Prom). It's possible that the CD was finished before the not-included episodes were produced.

The booklet also gives voice credits for the interludes of show dialogue present in most of the songs (which also apply to the songs sung by characters from the show):

The album was produced by Stephen Hillenburg (the show's creator) and Albie Hecht.

I know that SpongeBob's name looks awkward with internal capitalization, but I started writing it that way when quoting the packaging, and used it everywhere for consistency. It's OFFICIAL, so that makes it correct :)

I moved all the lyrics into seperate nodes because jessicapierce told me to.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.