The Book of Who Cares has statements that cause apathy in the observer, once he or she has read or heard them.

In an episode of American Justice, a man who murdered his wife by drowning her in a hotel bathtub overdid trying to form an alibi by talking to the doorman and the desk attendant. Shortly after the murder, aside from telling the doorman his name, he told him that he was going for a morning jog and to watch out for him. The husband also introduced himself by name to- and thanked the desk attendant profusely for recommending a tourist site to him and his wife the day before while checking in.

Later when he "discovered" his wife's dead body in the bathtub, he told the police that she had drowned as a result of slipping, accidentally hitting her head on the wall, and a defective towel ring that failed to hold her weight. Besides the body, police found the towel ring on one of the ends of the shower, pulled from the wall.

The husband sued the hotel for the defective towel ring which caused the hotel and police to suspect him of murder since no incident like this had ever occurred in any of its chains- due to a weak towel ring. As the hotel's attorney went over the details of the incident, and came across the husband's statement to the doorman, she said that it was "from The Book of Who Cares".

After numerous tests, researchers found that the towel ring was actually strenuously yanked by a stronger and bigger person than one of the wife's size and weight. The husband was eventually found guilty for harder evidence found in the autopsy and the prosecutor said that he would not have been under suspicion, had he not sued the hotel for the towel ring. . . and he had her life insurance money anyway.

The point is, making statements to strangers from The Book of Who Cares can make one seem highly suspect of murder.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.