The Marietta Times is the local community newspaper of Marietta, Ohio. The Marietta Times has been a daily newspaper since 1898.

Six editions are published each week: five weekday editions, and a Weekend edition published Saturday morning.

The Marietta Times is currently owned by Ogden, a newspaper publishing company based in Wheeling, West Virginia. In Parkersburg, West Viriginia, the Marietta A.M. and Parkersburg News and Sentinel (also Ogden newspapers) are printed. The Marietta A.M. is often confused with The Marietta Times.

Formerly, The Marietta Times was owned by the McKinney family from 1890 to 1974. The offices and press were originally located in downtown Marietta in the 200 block of Putnam Street. Eventually, the McKinneys built a new press where the McKinney Media Center on the Marietta College campus now stands. The newspaper later relocated to its current address, 700 Channel Lane, in the 1970s. At that time, the newspaper was owned by Gannett. When Ogden purchased the paper, it also acquired The Parkersburg News and Sentinel and the Marietta A.M., which has only lead to greater confusion among the papers.

Current staff of the paper are Jennifer Houtman, managing editor; Justin McIntosh, news editor; and reporters Brad Bauer, Diana DeCola, Kate York, Jeremy Fogt, and Connie Cartmell.

The Marietta Times is a member of the Associated Press. Their website is MariettaTimes.com

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.