There was no doctor. Only me.

One was in front. Other in back. Their families were desperate. But I had nothing to offer.

"I'm only a doctor in mathematics," I said. 

They didn't understand. Each family tried to pull me their way.

"Look, even if I went with you, there's nothing I can do."

It didn't faze them. 

I went to the front first. That's where the pretty stewardess was. Not a great reason. Who does anything for great reasons anymore.

She gave me a warm towel. I suppose it was for cleaning my hands. But it was she who started chest compressions. 

Thump thump thump. Thump thump crack. Thump thump thump. Thump crack thump. That's the way the rhythm went.

We made eye contact. For a second. She motioned for me to head to the back. I was in no position to argue.

Another pretty girl greeted me. She looked like the passenger's daughter

This was beyond my comprehension now. I had some minimal level of first aid knowledge. This was far more than I could handle. But it wasn't as serious as what the stewardess was dealing with.

I tried to motion to them, "I don't know what to do." 

They wouldn't take no for an answer. I wasn't a miracle worker. Then suddenly I was. I remembered the machina I had in my carry on. I brought it back. The flight would be saved after all.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.