One of the twelve years on the chinese lunar calendar. In many ways, it's similar to star signs in astrology. If you were born in the following years, you were probably born in the year of the pig, depending on what date chinese new year happened to fall on.

1911, 1923, 1935, 1947, 1959, 1971, 1983, 1995, 2007, 2019

And now for the superstition part...

The pig symbolises wealth and prosperity. People born in the year of the pig have a great love for luxury, and are never frugal when it comes to entertaining. They are remembered for their sense of style and extravagant spending, and are driven by their passion and pleasure for life.

Those born in the year of the Pig are brave and chivalrous. Whatever they do, they do with all their strength. A true believer in hard work, they are dedicated to fulfilling their dreams and aspirations. They are full of inner strength and courage and can take on any task. No matter how bad problems may seem, they will try to work them out honestly, yet sometimes impulsively. They prefer to solve all their problems on their own rather than seeking help.

Pig people don’t make many friends but they make them for life, and anyone having one as a friend is fortunate because they are extremely loyal and treat their loved ones with great kindness.

The pig is a peace-lover, strong and straightforward. They are quick-tempered, yet hate arguments and quarrelling. They don’t talk much, but have a great thirst for knowledge. Although they can appear well informed on the surface, upon further investigation they often reveal rather limited knowledge.

Pig people are most compatible with rabbits and sheep.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.