Zelda is the lovely Hyrulian princess of Hyrule. Zelda is quite often in peril and almost always requires Link to save her from Ganon or evil spells.

Zelda was first seen in The Legend of Zelda for the NES. She was kidnapped by Ganon. Zelda was in the secret ninth dungeon on both quests.

On the second game, The Adventure of Link, Zelda had fallen under a curse and was seen in the first screen and in the ending of the game.

The first time Zelda had an actual role in her legends was when the famous The Super Mario Bros. Super Show. The show had a cartoon every day and on the friday's the cartoon would be a Legend of Zelda episode.

Zelda being the princess of Hyrule would normally have a problem or her father have a problem which the knight Link would have to take care off. Zelda is known as the holder of the Triforce of Wisdom. Ganon, being the evil nemesis of the show wanted to gain both the Triforce of Courage and Triforce of Wisdom with his Triforce of Power to gain the ultimate power.

One episode of the cartoon Link was hit by a fireball and lost his body, though his spirit could communicate with the Princess. The Princess Zelda had to go to Ganon's lair and reconnect Link with his body to free him. Zelda needed to use Link's weapons and fight against Ganon's minions. Link was freed and then helped Zelda escape from the lair with him.

On another episode of the cartoon, Zelda was captured and a body double named Zol was supposed to bring the Triforce of Courage to Ganon's lair. The real Zelda escaped and showed her self to be the true princess to Link to save the day. Zelda proved herself on both occasions not to be the helpless princess she appears to be.

During The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, Zelda received her first talking roles in the video games. Zelda called to Link in the first scene to help her in the palace. When Link save Zelda and escapes her leaves her in a sanctuary with an old sage. She is able to be talked to at any time. Once Link receives the master sword he receives a telepathic message from the sage that tells him that the church has been stormed and Zelda was taken.

Zelda was captured in a crystal by Agahnim. She was sent to the dark world. When her crystal was received she and the other maidens help you defeat the barrier around the Tower of Ganon.

For The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Zelda finally received a starring role. To start with one of the first quests is to get to meet Zelda in the castle. Zelda and her handmaiden Impa, who is the last Sheikah, helps Link find all three spiritual stones.

When Link moves seven years forward to the dark future Link can't find Zelda but another Sheikah appears, named Sheik. Sheik helps Link by telling him where he should travel to, and teaching him secret songs to teleport him. When Link has received all the medallions, Sheik reveals herself to be Zelda. Zelda joined Link in Ganon's tower and helped him defeat Ganondorf, Ganon's true form.

Princess Zelda had a cameo in Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages and Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons where she gave Link a small mini quest but over all she was only a bit player, barely even in the story.

Zelda appears to not be included in another game in her series in the foreseeable future, but knowing the creator of the series, one should expect to see Zelda again before long.

Zelda is a girl's given name. It has two possible origins: the Yiddish name Zelde, which means happiness or good fortune, and the German Griselda, which comes from Old German Grisja-hilde, meaning "grey (female) warrior".

Zelda is used much more often than the alternative abbreviation, Selda.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.