1. A fellow, especially a suspicious-looking stranger. 2. The common "razzberry." "Some dude just hit the cooler (punishment cells) for giving the warden the bird."

- american underworld dictionary - 1950
More slang uses of the word Bird imaginatively include shuttlecock, clay pigeon, rocket, missile, aircraft, satellite or pretty much anything that flies.

The largest bird : Male North African ostrich can reach nine feet in height.
The Smallest bird : adult male bee hummingbird of Cuba and the Isle of Pines are 2¼ inches long and weigh 1/18th of an ounce (females are slightly larger.)
Some birds, (parrots, parakeets and mynah birds, you can teach phrases such as "Pieces of eight".

Bird is common street slang for cocaine. Typically, this is used when referred to "flipping them birds;" meaning to sell cocaine by the kilogram. Bird is almost always used to refer to cocaine by the kilo. Flipping birds might be considered the "gold standard" of dope dealing, as it involves the most risk, from customers, other dealers, and law enforcement, and is the most profitable.

Bird (?), n. [OE. brid, bred, bird, young bird, bird, AS. bridd young bird. 92.]

1.

Orig., a chicken; the young of a fowl; a young eaglet; a nestling; and hence, a feathered flying animal (see 2).

That ungentle gull, the cuckoo's bird. Shak.

The brydds [birds] of the aier have nestes. Tyndale (Matt. viii. 20).

2. Zool.

A warm-blooded, feathered vertebrate provided with wings. See Aves.

3.

Specifically, among sportsmen, a game bird.

4.

Fig.: A girl; a maiden.

And by my word! the bonny bird In danger shall not tarry. Campbell.

Arabian bird, the phenix. -- Bird of Jove, the eagle. -- Bird of Juno, the peacock. -- Bird louse Zool., a wingless insect of the group Mallophaga, of which the genera and species are very numerous and mostly parasitic upon birds. -- Bird mite Zool., a small mite (genera Dermanyssus, Dermaleichus and allies) parasitic upon birds. The species are numerous. -- Bird of passage, a migratory bird. -- Bird spider Zool., a very large South American spider (Mygale avicularia). It is said sometimes to capture and kill small birds. -- Bird tick Zool., a dipterous insect parasitic upon birds (genus Ornithomyia, and allies), usually winged.

 

© Webster 1913.


Bird (?), v. i.

1.

To catch or shoot birds.

2.

Hence: To seek for game or plunder; to thieve.

[R.]

B. Jonson.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.