Also a new new wave superband with Bernard Sumner of Joy Division and New Order, Johnny Marr of The Smiths and The The, with guest musicians such as Neil Tennant of Pet Shop Boys. To my knowledge they have three albums and had a track on the Cool World soundtrack.

If you just can't get enough of Bernard Sumner's dulcet tones, pick up an Electronic record. It's not exactly timeless, is a little weird to make out to, but pretty good for a spin or two. Plus it's always nice to know Johnny Marr still has work.

I guess.

Partial Electronic Discography


Albums:

1) Self Titled: 1991, Warner Brothers Records (feat. Neal Tennant and Chris Lowe of Pet Shop Boys)
IMO, their best release! It was electronic sounding, but with that new order/smiths pop guitar edge, that the other albums overdosed on.

2) Raise the Pressure: 1996, Warner Brothers Records (Feat. Karl Bartos of Kraftwerk!)
This was a solid effort, but suffered from sophomore slump, as it attempted to capitalize on the "adult alterntative" market that was so popularized in the mid 90's. However, there are a few gems:

  1. Until The End of Time (Feat. Karl Bartos)
  2. Second Nature
  3. If You've Got Love (Feat. Karl Bartos)
  4. Freefal
  5. How Long

3) Twisted Tenderness: 2000, Koch Records (depature from WB records)
This album took a while to grow on me. Although the bonus mix from Darren Price is excellent, the rest of the album was fairly lack-luster, and epitomized some of the elements of mid 90's electronics that needed to stay in that decade.

Singles:

  1. Getting Away With It (I recommend the double vinyl release!)
  2. Disappointed (On Cool World Soundtrack, feat. Neil Tennant)
  3. Get The Message (Free Will is the coolest B-Side I've ever heard!)
  4. Feel Every Beat (Rare!)

note: I haven't gotten any of the singles from either Raise the Pressure or Twisted Tenderness, so I have no clue if they're any good!



Update (7-19-2k1): Removed track listings. Makes the node too long. (sorry!)

E`lec*tron"ic (?), a. (Physics & Chem.)

Of or pertaining to an electron or electrons.

 

© Webster 1913

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.