I woke up this morning - actually "woke up" doesn't quite seem like the right words. Perhaps "became aware" is better? I don't know. Regardless, when I became conscious this morning, I was acutely aware of the meat suit I was wearing. You ever have that experience? It's disturbing.

My eyes - no - the lenses I could see through felt like a looking through a camera. I processed what I was seeing, but it didn't feel like I was seeing it, exactly, not like it used to feel. I still needed the corrective lenses.

I don't know what happened. I think maybe they put me in a different suit while I was unconscious. This one doesn't quite fit right. I "look" at my hands- they are more gaunt than I remember. They have spots that were not there before. The veins are darker and stick out more.

The bones and structure of this suit seems defective. Everything is hard to move, and doesn't respond as fast as my old suit. Apparently they connected the nerve receptors, as the pain is disturbingly distracting. I can feel every joint, and I have to really concentrate on some of the key joints - knees, back, fingers - in order to make anything happen. Just getting out of bed was an alarming feat.

This suit doesn't even smell the same!

Even worse - the voiding functions seem to have poor gaskets. I barely made it to the latrine without the internal fluids expelling on the floor.

Why? Why did they take my old suit? It was just fine! I am going to demand my old suit back, and insist on a refund.

iron noder 2023

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.