Warning: The following is an opinion. Read and move on. Don't judge

An atrocious movie starring John Travolta, in the lead up to his full-blown scientology days. Deals with the attainment of supernatural powers after being struck by lightning out of a seemingly clear sky. Ultimately the protagonist moves on to help people, after discarding all concern over his giving nature and peoples perceptions of a samaritin in this day and age.

Kalon's aside: Followed up later by the stinker of a movie Battlefield Earth, written by the "big man" of scientology himself, L. Ron Hubbard.

Phe*nom"e*non (?), n.; pl. Phenomena (#). [L. phaenomenon, Gr. φαινομενον, fr. φαινεσθαι to appear, φαινειν to show. See Phantom.]

1.

An appearance; anything visible; whatever, in matter or spirit, is apparent to, or is apprehended by, observation; as, the phenomena of heat, light, or electricity; phenomena of imagination or memory.

In the phenomena of the material world, and in many of the phenomena of mind. Stewart.

2.

That which strikes one as strange, unusual, or unaccountable; an extraordinary or very remarkable person, thing, or occurrence; as, a musical phenomenon.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.