user since
Wed Sep 14 2005 at 01:22:32 (18.5 years ago )
last seen
Sun Aug 13 2006 at 15:14:43 (17.6 years ago )
number of write-ups
1 - View teknomage's writeups (feed)
level / experience
0 (Initiate) / 13
motto
"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -George Bernard Shaw
most recent writeup
Avatar: The Last Airbender
Send private message to teknomage

Hi. Um... I like Wikipedia better than Everything. Because Everything tends to be slow-loading, and there's no pictures, and because Wikipedia has all the zeitgeist, and um... stuff like that. But Everything's okay, too. So if I see a need for writeups or whatever, I may want to add them on occasion. And since it would take me about a hundred thousand years to read every possible rule or guideline (though I did read some, when I first signed up), I mainly go by what I have seen in other people's writeups. Some are extensive, some are roughly one or two lines. So... it's kind of like cheating off someone who got the wrong answer on a test. If I do things wrong... feh, I'm gonna pawn off the blame on everyone sitting around me.

And if anyone corrects me, first of all it may take me months and months to even notice. If ever. Because I don't tend to read messages or chatter or anything. But if I do see someone correcting me, or find that some of my writeups have been deleted... please forgive me for thinking you're a jerk. Don't worry, the admins at Wikipedia can be jerks, too. But I'll soon get over it. I appreciate the fact that everyone at both sites just wants to keep things professional-looking or whatever. Kinda hard to do with wikis, I understand. Doesn't mean I can accept that I'm wrong or stop holding a vague sort of grudge... but at least I can accept that you all ain't wrong, either.

So keep up the good work, folks, and please don't hate me if my own work ain't that great. What can I say, I'm a dilettante. And what with being human and all, I ain't perfect. I'm also frightfully absent-minded and, in all seriousness, quite possibly may suffer from Asperger's Syndrome. I'm sorry if I often think of small changes to make to something I've posted, over and over, before I'm satisfied. I'm slow, and I don't see the harm in it. But I'm just trying to help! In any event, I'll try to learn from my mistakes. Though I still think y'all need writeups on, you know, everything, however brief the entries. Otherwise the name of the site's a bit of a misnomer, ne? Ah well, whatever.

Namaste.