Japanese term for horizontal writing, such as is used for writing English. Characters are arranged in rows, which are to be read left to right, beginning with the top row.

Compare tategaki.

NB. I hear that, on rare occasions, Japanese write horizontally, right to left. Whether they consider this "yokogaki" I do not know.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.