"There is no safe investment. To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything and your heart will certainly be wrung and possibly be broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact, you must give your heart to no one, not even to an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements; lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket - safe, dark, motionless, airless - it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable. The alternative to tragedy, or at least the risk of tragedy, is damnation. The only place outside Heaven where you can be perfectly safe from all the dangers and perturbations of love is Hell."
— C. S. Lewis
- user since
- Sun Jul 16 2000 at 18:46:45 (20.5 years ago )
- last seen
- Sun Nov 19 2017 at 18:48:36 (3.2 years ago )
- number of write-ups
- 26 - View 0x45's writeups (feed)
- level / experience
- 5 (Crafter) / 2515
- mission drive within everything
- To give more than I take (it'll never happen).
- underwater basketweaving/rogue intellectualism
- currently n/a
- Living Free by (1) doing nothing that's regrettable and (2) regretting nothing that's done.
- most recent writeup
- Send private message to 0x45