user since
Sun Jan 10 2016 at 05:18:51 (8.2 years ago )
last seen
Tue Mar 19 2024 at 01:18:37 (10.4 hours ago )
number of write-ups
15 - View A2S3's writeups (feed)
level / experience
3 (Scribe) / 1312
C!s spent
2
mission drive within everything
Disturb the Peace
specialties
sic transit gloria mundi
school/company
Life, the universe and everything.
motto
Come to me, Letucce. Our time is now.
most recent writeup
Tunnel rat
Send private message to A2S3

 

Most talkative this week (July 14, 2023)

  1. 3 – A2S3
  2. 3 – Sineth
  3. 2 – BookReader
  4. 2 – Everyone2
  5. 1 – Simone
  6. 1 – vongrim
  7. 1 – nicolasstag

If you want to build a ship, don’t drum up people to collect wood and don’t assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea. — Antoine de Saint Exupéry

Make sense of the situation, filter it through your dynamic hierarchy of needs,decide, act
"When information becomes contextualized, it becomes knowledge. When knowledge compels conviction, it becomes wisdom. Yet the internet inundates users with the opinions of thousands, even millions, of other users, depriving them of the solitude required for sustained reflection that, historically, has led to the development of convictions. As solitude diminishes, so, too, does fortitude--not only to develop convictions but also to be faithful to them, particularly when they require the traversing of novel, and thus often lonely, roads. Only convictions--in combination with wisdom--enable people to access and explore new horizons." --Henry Kissinger
“I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.”
--孔夫子 (Confucius)

 

"As a top-tier literary critic, evaluate the sentence, "They are loquacious, taciturn, and demonstrably attractive to gastropods."

Bing: "The sentence “They are loquacious, taciturn, and demonstrably attractive to gastropods” is intriguing, but it contains a contradiction that may confuse readers. The words “loquacious” and “taciturn” are antonyms, meaning they have opposite meanings. “Loquacious” describes someone who talks a lot, while “taciturn” describes someone who is reserved or silent. Using them together to describe the same subject can be confusing unless it’s clear the traits apply at different times or under different conditions.

The phrase “demonstrably attractive to gastropods” is an unusual and humorous way to describe someone or something that is appealing to snails and slugs (gastropods). This could be a metaphor or a literal description, depending on the context. It adds a touch of whimsy and unpredictability to the sentence, which can make it more engaging to the reader.

Overall, the sentence is grammatically correct and uses a rich vocabulary. However, the contradiction between “loquacious” and “taciturn” could be clarified, and the context for the gastropods phrase could be explained, to improve understanding for the reader."

Hey Zeus!!

Spiral, spin, ride the whirlwind, knowing when the drumming stops, there will be no second dance

 

Desiderata: the strength to change what needs change and accept what I cannot change, and the wisdom to know one from the other.

"I only decide about my Universe. My Universe is what happens to my eyes and ears. Anything else is surmise and hearsay. For all I know, these people may not exist. You may not exist. I say what it occurs to me to say."

 

fireball says WHOOSH! You feel yourself engulfed in flames! It burns! It burns! Or does it? After a moment, you feel a pleasant sensation. Like a warm embrace. And you realize that this is not fire after all, but love. The kind of love that could only have come from user Zephronias.

Be strong. Endure. Overcome. Succeed.

Don't reward. Enable, encourage, and advise

Get your feet up off the ground. Live a little, get around.

Make it happen.

The question, Bobbi, is not "Who gives a fuck?". The question is "Who could possibly ever give a fuck?"

Group cultures are too readily shaped by self-reinforcing minorities that are energetic and loud. 

We shared heartbeats, and that's all the communication we needed.

Don't bother me. I'm trying to set the night on fire.

 

"I said that I didn't and crawled off to sleep in the bath."

"faces come out of the rain. When you're strange."

 

"First you don't hear other views. Then you can't trust them. Your personal information network entraps you just like a cult."

"There is something rotten in Denmark, Igor. Call Gort. Now"

 

A2, S3? Just this guy, you know.

Think big, start small, move fast. -- Henry Ford

Great things are done by a series of small things brought together. -- Vincent Van Gogh

“Good ideas are not adopted automatically. They must be driven into practice with courageous patience.” --Hyman Rickover, Admiral, U.S. Navy

However, I do know the actual answer to "What is life, the universe and everything?" and it is this:

Need, do, learn. Until you die.

(Which, it should go without saying, and as any numerologist will tell you, given enough time, is just the same as '42'.)

 

We are the Simulacra. We need, we do, we learn.

Our needs urge us to act.

We sense the results of our actions and integrate them into our understanding of the world and of ourselves as part of our world.

Our understanding compounds our needs into wants, desires and goals.

Our needs, wants and goals shape plans for complex actions that direct our future to make us better at being.

The cycle continues as long as we exist.