user since
Tue Dec 17 2002 at 15:48:59 (21.4 years ago )
last seen
Fri Jun 20 2008 at 20:54:38 (15.8 years ago )
number of write-ups
2 - View Daoist_Dude's writeups (feed)
level / experience
0 (Initiate) / 195
mission drive within everything
To inform, entertain and otherwise totally exasperate by making people think and question.
specialties
Sarcasm, sharp-wit, wild sex, and attracting lots of attention.
school/company
School of Hard Knocks
motto
Life's short. Fuck it all and have fun.
most recent writeup
Lessons on life, love and things of utter importance
Send private message to Daoist_Dude

All About Me

or, Who Gives a Rat's Ass?

I have received quite a bit of feedback regarding my homenode and its sharp contrast to my first writeup. I wrote that article as a submission to a national men's magazine upon their request for something regarding my experience as a newly-widowed father. Being a widower is only a small part of who I am. I am young (33) and sharp and don't take kindly to being pigeonholed because of my circumstances. When my wife first died everyone expected me to act a certain way or to respond in stereotypical fashion to particular circumstances. Just like all of you I am a varied and complex individual with many different likes and tastes.

I have a wild streak that prompts me to think (and step) outside the box. Of course this leads to misunderstanding on the part of those who choose the status quo. I refuse to walk the middle path, choosing instead to dance in the grass. I pick my battles wisely because I don't have time to help everyone understand me - as though they truly want to understand me. :-)

I am recently engaged and suddenly have a fresh outlook on life again. However, I have never been one to immediately warm up to niceties or flattery. I make friends more easily with someone who rightfully puts me in my place than one who blows smoke up my ass. I can be the quietest person in the room or the center of attention. I can put pen to paper and bring tears to your eyes or write a scathing commentary that gets everyone up in arms. I love being a chameleon and blending into whatever a situation calls for. But I do this only on my terms. As soon as someone expects me to conform I'm out of there.

I'm looking forward to getting to know many of you and being a part of this community. All I ask is that you not judge me based on one writeup. Hell, don't judge me based on any of my writeups. If you have a question for me, please ask it. You can reach me at daoist_dude@hotmail.com.

"Life is so simple; we just don't get it. We overlook the obvious in search of the obscure. Love God. Love your neighbor."