user since
Wed Mar 5 2003 at 21:54:17 (21.1 years ago )
last seen
Sat May 1 2004 at 17:34:20 (20 years ago )
number of write-ups
2 - View Joe Chin's writeups (feed)
level / experience
0 (Initiate) / 10
mission drive within everything
Write smarter, not longer
specialties
early 20th-century classical music, video games
motto
"Traveler, if there is no path to your goal, then make your own path step by step." -- Spartakus
most recent writeup
Wormtown
Send private message to Joe Chin

First of all, unlike the Joe Chin of PaRappa the Rapper fame, I like to think of myself as being less annoying (but more daft). My musical tastes tend toward the classical end of the spectrum, although I was raised by two punk rockers who were well-known in the local scene back in the 1980s, so I've pretty much grown an appreciation for all sorts of musical genres. As for a career, I eventually want to end up in the field of psychology, although I'm still undecided on whether I'd make a better therapist or someone more hands-on.

I live in Worcester, Massachusetts, a surprisingly interesting town with far too many brick buildings. If you recognize the name, live in the United States and for some reason do not live in New England, it may be because you've heard of a fire that happened in December of 1999 that took the lives of six of the city's best firefighters. I don't want to devote too much space in this bio to the event, but if that's the case, I think I speak for all of the citizens who remember that day when I say that we gained new respect for our city and its protectors that day.

On a completely different note, I do a bit of music-writing in my spare time. The computer is an excellent tool for both traditional and electronic composition, and if nothing else, MIDI notation is an adequate way of putting complex works in a format that can be touched up with better tools in the future.

More to come as I feel the need to write.


Previous mottos:
"Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk." -- attributed to Shaquille O'Neal, Dominique Wilkins, and Homsar