user since
Wed Apr 18 2001 at 14:44:43 (23 years ago )
last seen
Mon Jul 16 2012 at 02:17:09 (11.8 years ago )
number of write-ups
10 - View Sarita's writeups (feed)
level / experience
1 (Novice) / 299
mission drive within everything
To live, to learn, to laugh, & to love
specialties
Music, religious studies
school/company
Life, the Universe, and Everything
motto
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed individuals can change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."
-Margaret Mead
most recent writeup
Harcourt Fenton Mudd
Send private message to Sarita

Random facts about me:

  • If you see me outside in mid-March to early June and mid-September to November, I will probably be in my beloved tan field coat from Lands' End that looks remarkably similar to the coat that John Kerry wore in the latter months of his campaign. If I am not in my field coat, I am in my navy blue cloak that my mom made for me. You will not notice it at first, but if I point it out, it looks somewhat like the cloak that Frodo wears on his journey from the Shire to Rivendell in the movie Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring. This is on purpose. My name is embroidered in Elvish on the inside. I am not a freak, I promise.


  • I do not have a favorite season.


  • I love organic food but I also love port wine cheese food product which is about as unorganic as food comes.


  • I have recently graduated from Macalester College. I think I want to be a music teacher one day but I'm beginning to doubt that I want to do that right now. Current dreams for the reasonably near future include: teaching English in China, working long term at a L'Arche community/Holden Village/Koinonia Partners/Jubilee Partners/etc., Peace Corps, becoming certified to teach, earning a masters in music education. Who knows, I just don't want to have any regrets when I'm 50.


  • I have two big brothers. You may know one of them.


  • I have hiked to the top of Ben Nevis.


  • I sing. If I could be anything in the world, it would be a travelling singer/songwriter cum photographer. Maybe someday.


  • I am a feminist humanist Christian who will sometimes give a nontheist answer to matters of belief. And no, that's not contradictory at all.


  • I am engaged. Eeep!