Just a thought...
If the universe was considered infinite, this would mean an infinite number of planets and stars. This brings about a really scary thought, this would mean that there are an infinite number of planets just like ours with tiny differences. Such as a planet that never has everything 2. The reason that this thought is so scary,is the fact that this would mean that we were just put here to fill one of the infinite scenario's that exist. This would mean that we would have no choice in our actions. We would be forced to live out the live out our lives as nothing more than just an infinite possiblilty. If this is true, we would be nothing more than a number, such as 345.87, filling up space to infinity.

Only one thing that I know of could cause the Universe not to be infinite. This is God. Our basic definition of God is something that can do anything it wants, all-knowing, all-seeing. God is able to create things out of nothing, and because of this he is not restrained to physical restrictions. By using this definition of God, there could exist a finite amount of space which would not have to contain an infinate amount of worlds. This allows us to have choice in our actions and not have everyting planned out for us. This is a much better scenario than the first, because if the universe was infinate we could do whatever the hell we wanted and it would not matter at all, because all of our actions would already be pre-planned. Unknown players of a play that has been played many times before.

Just a thought...

Whatever the scenario, does it really matter anyway?