user since
Thu Mar 25 2004 at 21:26:42 (20.1 years ago )
last seen
Sun Apr 11 2004 at 22:49:26 (20.1 years ago )
number of write-ups
1 - View azolean's writeups (feed)
level / experience
0 (Initiate) / 5
mission drive within everything
improvement
specialties
medicinal chemistry and Linux from scratch
motto
stay warm and keep breathing
most recent writeup
Linux From Scratch
Send private message to azolean

I was born in 1975. I grew up in Milwaukee, WI. I attended an enormously intensive science college. I received a degree in chemistry. I worked in analytical chemistry for one year and in pharmaceutical research and design for three years. I now work for a small contract chemical services laboratory.

I liked my job in the pharmaceutical industry better but couldn't buy the PhD necessary to ascend from wage-slave status. I made significant intelletual contributions when I started the job and earned a full-time offer, a promotion from my position as a contract employee, in less than three months. I lost my shirt putting all my efforts into the group, watching the managers take the rewards, and being burned painfully for even the slightest of imperfection. I drew a line and refused to push myself any more until I was shown a return on my current work. This created a hostile environment as management switched to "underperforming, ungrateful, undeserving employee" mode. They resorted to disciplinary action in an effort to squeeze the last drop of blood from a turnip. The pharmaceutical industry is tied to structure and social status more than to science. This premise seems to be dominant in a majority of the functions of the world.

I eke out existence without a car and travel mostly by public bus now.

Life is grand. I stay warm and keep breathing.

I spend my free time learning C programming. I was fluent in 6502 asm and Pascal at one time. C is necessary. My goal is to write a C installer for automated Linuxfromscratch. Microsoft displeases me. I switched to Linux in 2000.