In a way I wish today was April Fools Day and the events that have transpired were nothing but a cruel hoax perpetrated by an uncaring Supreme Being.

Sadly, it is not. The events are all too real to many of us who know Kevin and Christine and I’m sure I speak for the many when I say our thoughts are with you during these trying times.

There’s something missing from everything today. There's a hole that cannot nor should not be filled.

I don’t consider myself a religious man by any means. Maybe spiritual best describes my thought process when it comes to matters of life and death. I’ve taken solace in the past from some lyrics from a tune called “My Brothers And Sisters.” I hope you do too.

This world is not our home
We’re all just passing through
Our trail is all made up
Way beyond the blue
Let us do the very best that we can
While we're travelin' through this land
We can all be together
Shaking a hand
When we make it to the promised land

If we walk together, little children
We won't ever have to worry
Through this world of trouble
We've got to love one another
Let us take our fellow man by the hand
Try to help him to understand
We can all be together
For ever and ever
When we make it to the promised land

One last thing and this goes beyond Kevin and Christine and extends to the vast majority of us who call this little corner of the web home. I kinda mentioned it in a private setting but it deserves to be seen by a wider audience. If this node and all of the subsequent contributions to it don't demonstrate all that's good with E2 I don't know what will. Hopefully there's some solace in that.

The lyrics in question were penned back in 1991 by one Charles Johnson and performed most notably by the Jerry Garcia Band. You can see the rest of them here.