Wow. You played through six games that consisted of the same battle being fought over and over again (with different sprites and bigger numbers popping up). I say played - rather you sat back stuffing cheetos into your face with one hand and stabbing button A with the other. You own l33t hardcore import merchandise (for which you were robbed blind by canny grey importers). You play Japanese games aimed at pre-pubescent girls, filled with text you can't read.

You know five words of Japanese and use them about 40, 50 times in a five minute conversation*. You inexplicably own more than one Sony Playstation. You whine and bitch about wittily written and lavishly produced popcorn flicks because "Wolverine would never do that." You read Gaming Intelligence Agency and NewType (hey, guilty). And in terminal cases, Edge. You implicitly trust Sony and Square, unquestioningly handing over money for crappy, well-marketed products.

Do you have some kind of cultural cache over us mere proles? Does any of this make you cool? No, sir, it does not.


*baka, kawaii, konichiwa, banzai, hai.

(oh, and before you reach for your downvote cannon, I like all of that stuff. This is just a plea for people to stop making fools of themselves. Obsessive fandom is stupid.)