user since
Sat Nov 23 2002 at 05:54:23 (21.4 years ago )
last seen
Thu Mar 25 2004 at 17:20:08 (20.1 years ago )
level / experience
0 (Initiate) / 0
mission drive within everything
Not get kicked off the site.
specialties
Making computer games.
school/company
Sony
motto
Behold the power of cheese!
Send private message to geekboy

I found this site by accident. A colleague sent me a link to a thread long forgotten. At the bottom of the link was the strange box of 16 somewhat relevant links. I clicked one, read it. Then clicked another, then another. For months, I’ve checked Everything and clicked links. And had fun. I first saw the web sometime in 1993 using mosaic. The first time you click links just for the sheer pleasure of going to someplace new and unexpected.

Browsing Everything is something like going back to those first days of the web; every link is a mystery, every click an adventure. It finally got to the point where I kept links to all the best writing.

I’ve recently gone through what I can only describe as a horrific breakup. Nice to see there are others our there with the same or similar experiences.

I finally decided to get an account, and was shocked to find there isn’t another “geekboy” on everything. I honestly don’t know if I will ever post. It seems like even though I’ve read a lot, I still don’t really know Everything. Perhaps Everything cannot be known.

I write a lot in my job, though it’s technical and quite boring. I’ve tried to make the transition to something a bit more fun, but never quite seem to have the time. That, and all of you have made me chicken shit with your scathing downvotes. See you in there, sometime.

Maybe.