user since
Tue Sep 16 2003 at 00:55:55 (20.6 years ago )
last seen
Fri Mar 17 2006 at 02:14:57 (18.1 years ago )
number of write-ups
1 - View marlina dietrich's writeups (feed)
level / experience
0 (Initiate) / 15
mission drive within everything
To find out stuff
specialties
Lobsters Aubergette with a Braunaise Sauce and Spam
most recent writeup
Marriage Protection Week
Send private message to marlina dietrich

I was born in St. Margaret's Hospital, Swindon, Wiltshire, England. It's not there anymore...
Eight years later I moved to America, to Kansas. Three years after that I moved to Ohio. That's where I am right now... In a year I'm moving somewhere else. I hate moving but I've been compelled to do it several times. How's that for life?
Here's something:
"On its world, the people are people. The leaders are lizards. The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "It is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them," said Ford. "They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates to the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards?"
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard," said Ford, "the wrong lizard might get in. Got any gin?"
--from So Long and Thanks for All the Fish, by Douglas Adams


God is indeed a jealous god
He cannot bear to see
That we would rather, not with him
But with eachother play
~Emily Dickinson