user since
Thu Jun 7 2007 at 13:49:39 (16.8 years ago )
last seen
Mon Jan 1 2024 at 10:31:43 (2.6 months ago )
number of write-ups
75 - View museman's writeups (feed)
level / experience
8 (Encyclopedist) / 4472
C!s spent
44
mission drive within everything
To never stop writing at least one thing per year.
specialties
Overly complicated prose, medicine
motto
Workin' hard may help ya maintain, and learn to overcome the heartaches 'n' pains. -Inspectah Deck, AKA The Rebel I.N.S.
most recent writeup
My pandemic years
Send private message to museman

My name is Andrew. My home is in New South Wales, Australia. I spent eight years studying in Canberra, ACT; Brisbane, QLD; and Toowoomba, QLD. Now I am a junior doctor in Toowoomba. Work is an adventure that I'm not sure I want to be a part of, but what's the alternative? Life outside work isn't hard, but it does feel bland and mediocre a lot of the time. I probably just need to get out of my room more. Learning and working in a hospital provides plenty of grist for the writing mill, but unfortunately leaves too little time for the actual writing, so my E2 output has been worryingly low for a long time now. I used to feel that writing things down was the only way to make them real, but perhaps it's time to let that idea go, and just live. Isn't that what everyone else does?

I've disliked my E2 username almost since the moment I made it. It doesn't mean anything, and I think it sounds pretty pretentious, but I wasn't trying to say that I am, have, or want a muse. I was racking my brains for a decent username, and at that moment I was listening to Muse (the band), so that's what I chose. I don't know why it was so hard to think of a good one anyway, but I guess good usernames, like clever retorts, are the kind of thing that are hard to think of when they're really needed.