The problem with writing is that sometimes, when you really feel like doing it, it's not a good time. Sometimes you are driving the half hour it takes you to get home from your job waiting tables and you are full of energy and phrases but really, you know you need to sleep. You need to sleep because you want to do well on the test today that qualifies you to work for the 2010 census. You don't know that not too long after you get home from that test (having missed one of 28 questions...you were so hoping to ace it) that they would start sawing your condo apart. Not just sawing, but hammering. Oh, you had no idea about the hammering.

Since my friend was nice enough to buy Dragon Age for me it's been relatively easy to not spend money "going out." I don't drink, and I've never been fond of doing too many things that cost money. I'm a gamer. Someone bought me a game, and now it was time to devour it's juicy content. But today I wanted to leave my condo. The pounding and sawing into the structure I lived in was just that annoying. Lucky for me I had to get an oil change. It's easy to add this extreme noise at my condo occurring on the day I chose not to work to the list of things that make my life look like it's one big pile of suck.

I do not actively hate my life at this moment, however. I think I was just struck last night by how funny it could all be from a certain perspective. Some of that has carried over to today. Not the energy though, certainly I don't have the energy to write the novel that some people want from me. Okay, one person wants.

I don't think I'm much of a writer, really. Perhaps an orator. Insert your own oral joke there. Anyway, the last 3 days I've worked waiting tables were pretty bad. Last night I didn't care as much, though. Maybe I'm just tired of complaining about my job. I'm a fan of not complaining when complaining doesn't help. Okay, I was angry when I was told to deep clean half the salt and pepper shakers in the restaurant because we were so dead. Maybe it was just that I was working with the Hot Black Girl 12 years or so my junior. If they were going to schedule me at night with another server, at least it was someone I enjoyed flirting with.

The highlight of my night was a little verbal exchange. Feel free to use the same oral joke you used above here. I guess she doesn't like to roll silverware. So she stocked the salad bar while I rolled. Then I actually got a table (for the record I served 10 people last night from 5pm until we closed at 10pm, not counting one guy who ordered from me to go) and the guest actually ordered a salad.

"Who said you could come over here and just take my salad," she asked.

"You did, you said it with your eyes." I must have been going for a Troy Palomalo Head and Shoulders commercial reference but she came back with, "I said you could toss my salad."

It's rare that I'm surprised.