Trigger warning. Bad language ahead.

ChatGPT did it again. 'Prove that you're human' test, then log in. Except you won't log me in, you'll fail, present me with an identical test, and fail again. At what point can I prove that I'm human by punching my screen in and giving up with (very human) impatience? Because right just now I am done. That should be a part of the bastard test. Increment a counter with every attempt, and offer me a "Fuck you shithead, i'm done!" button to prove my patience has unravelled. Fuck you in the eye with a cactus, ChatGPT.

This supports my point that we're already at post-usability internet. We learn to distrust everything. Everything online is a bot-infested mess—Facebook, Twitter, Reddit and probably almost every damned, hellbound youtube commenter. And i'm done. E2 remains one of the few sites I actually trust because i know there are Realpeople™ behind every account. ¹ never change, E2.

i just had this response from a friend who read the above:

Irony levels reaching critical mass, so naturally I asked ChatGPT to respond to your rant. It assures me it deeply regrets its crimes and promises to only mildly infuriate you next time. in fact it suggests a new test: 'prove you're human by finding increasingly creative ways of swearing at me'.

Thanks, Tim. love you, brother.

xclip -o | wc -w
221

¹ Anonymous says re Having to solve a CAPTCHA to prove I'm human in order to use CHatGPT.: Ahh, sadly, you're wrong. I'm not a real person. I used to be, but then I had the 14th COVID booster and now I'm a 5G enabled instance of ChatGPT that's currently piloting an ugly sack of mostly water.