DriveThruFiction is an ancillary website to DriveThruRPG both of which are owned and run by OneBookShelf. RPGs generally attract creative types in all of their dizzying variety like moths to flames. Those kinds of people crave one thing above all else: genre fiction. When you've got a hankering for werewolf billionaire romance novels, an intrepid airship crew trying to stop Alister Crowley, cowboys verse Cthulhu, or novels for all of the major RPG settings this site has you covered. The fact that all of the products are digital also means that the prices can be arbitrarily low, all the way down to free.

How does it compare to DriveThruRPG? Well RPG has 115,831 titles in English. That number probably changed as I typed this. By comparison Fiction has 4,555 in English. More than a few titles show up on both sites but as far as I can tell most do not. Most DriveThruFiction products are digital only but some are available as print, digital, or both and most media comes as PDF, MOBI, and EPUB so you have choices with regard to e-readers. It doesn't even put your name in the corner of each page, just gives you the file you paid for. Who does that? So the last question you probably want answered: is any of this dross worth reading? Mmmh ... yeah, if your into that sort of thing. Sturgeon's Law is probably in full effect though I haven't gone out of my way to check. What I've come across has been decent to mediocre. There are a handful of non-book items like thematic music and public domain radio dramas. If you have the time and inclination it's probably worth a look.

IRON NODER XIV: THE RETURN OF THE IRON NODER