For those of producing home pages, as opposed to sites, please learn the following (which came from an internal document at work I wrote, called "My website is 3l1t33")
- The number of fonts on a home page is not directly proportional to the greatness of a page
- The <h*> tags are there for headings, 3d images are not
- Serif fonts are not good at small point sizes.
- The <blink> tag was created by a psychotic.
- ALT tags are not optional
- DTDs are not optional.
- .5mb images are not useful, not matter what your friend who works in marketing says.
- Do you really have to use flash?
- Java is not "write once, run anywhere". Sun kidnapped Microsoft marketing people to produce this slogan.
- Not everyone has a 21" monitor
- When you produce a web site in this office, I will check it on Mosaic
The web designers are scared of me ... :)