ASPError Object

(v 3.0)

The ASPError object is used to obtain detailed information on an error condition. This information, provided by the nine read-only properties of ASPError, can only be accessed by using the Server.GetLastError method.

When IIS encounters an error while processing a .asp file, it will generate a 500;100 custom error. After a 500;100 custom error has been generated, IIS will also create an instance of the ASPError object which describes the error condition.

Properties

ASPCode Property
Returns the error code generated by IIS.

ASPDescription Property
Returns a string that provides a more detailed description of the error as compared to the short description returned by the Description property. The ASPDescription property is not available for all errors.

Category Property
Returns a string indicating if the error was generated by IIS, an object, or a scripting language.

Column Property
Returns a long integer defining the column position inside the ASP file where the error occured.

Description Property
Returns a string that is a short description of the error. ASPDescription returns a longer, more detailed description.

File Property
Returns the name of the ASP file in which the error occured.

Line Property
Returns a long integer defining the line number inside the ASP in which the error occured.

Number Property
Returns a long integer defining the standard COM error code returned by a COM component.

Source Property
Returns a string with the actual line from the source code where the error code occured (if available).


Back to ASP Objects


Resources:
http://www.devguru.com
http://msdn.microsoft.com

(v 3.0) indicates that this feature is only available with ASP Version 3.0, which shipped standard with IIS 5.0

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.