The Amsterdam Admirals are one of the six teams in the NFL Europe. They were the last team to join the league in the 1995 season together with the Scottish Claymores (actually Berlin Thunders first season was the 1999 season, but they were not a new team. The London Monarchs just moved). Amsterdam his one of the teams with the largest fan support in the NFL Europe (after Frankfurt Galaxy and Rheinfire) having round about 20000 people visting their home games in the Amsterdam ArenA. Since their foundation the Admirals have not been very successful. A very promising starting season were they reached the World Bowl (but lost against Frankfurt Galaxy), was followed by two 5-5 seasons. 1998 has been their only winning season with a record of 7-3 after the regular season (tied with Galaxy and Rheinfire, but head-to-head the both German teams were better and entered World Bowl). 1999, 2000 and 2001 were all 4-6 seasons not giving the Admirals the chance for another World Bowl entry. Interesting is especially the 2001 season, as they lost every away game and won every home game, except for their last game against Berlin Thunder letting them enter the World Bowl (if they'd won this game they would have been in World Bowl IX).

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.